want a pain in the butt?

s.e.charles

this is something i have never seen or heard mentioned, yet it seems to make some sense for a less than permanent or awkward application:

anyone tried this?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I kind of liked the fake expanded metal flexible covering she used though... never saw that before but it does seem to create a nice faux industrial look to the platform.

s.e.charles

i'm not willing to discount the welder's curtain just yet. seems it has some merit in either temporary situations or odd places that will never need to be accessed.

Q: anyone know if that material frays or sheds fibers when it's cut?

Q: can it be cut with a utility knife or shop shears?

ps: a brace o' hams that would make Easter Sunday envious.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
It might be the industrial safety guy in me but I was cringing every time I saw her hair drift toward the drill...

or was I secretly hoping...???

pith helmet

If YouTube is to become the arbiter of misinformation, shouldn’t they also protect us from thinking it’s ok to run power tools in underwear and bare feet?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
If YouTube is to become the arbiter of misinformation, shouldn’t they also protect us from thinking it’s ok to run power tools in underwear and bare feet?

You haven’t paid attention to work in 3rd world countries?

Two things you should never do naked... frying bacon and welding!

It doesn’t make for good Instagram video.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
From her own words ' DISCLAIMER: ALWAYS WEAR PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING WHEN HANDLING POWER TOOLS, ETC!!!! (THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME EVER, TOTAL ROOKIE MOVE!!!!) .... the more you know! "

Tee hee! look how clever and cute I am!

Ridiculous. And here I was thinking I was smart wearing hearing pro, eye pro, and actual skin covering clothes when I use power tools.

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Man this could devolve into a touchy subject really quick, there's a couple things going on here.

Like can somebody incidentally be photogenic and female while also producing quality "Power Tools" related content and have it not be about selling skin? Absolutely.

Is it necessary for somebody of any gender or orientation to dress in unflattering safety equipment? Or, in other words, doesn't somebody have the right to wear cut off jeans and have their hair down while filming content and not have it be about selling skin? Sure, absolutely.

But also I feel like this woman knows the game. Photogenic women wearing short shorts and low cut tops get more views especially if they also point the camera at their dog. That's how the game works, she's a grown up and understands this - and that fact is what makes her disclaimer disingenuous. I'd kinda like her more if her disclaimer said "ALWAYS WEAR PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING WHEN HANDLING POWER TOOLS, ETC!! (I'M JUST DRESSED LIKE THIS WITH MY LONG HAIR NEXT TO THE DRILL FOR YOUTUBE VIEWS, WE BOTH KNOW IT'S DUMB BUT YOU KNOW THE GRIND!) "
Oh no, I get it. I'm a starving "youtuber" myself.

But my axe to grind is that others will see this and think that it is ok. Long hair next to a drill or drill press? No freaking way. But someone is going to see this and think its fine.

But hey, she has oodles of viewers and is getting bank for it. I'll admit, I'm kind of jelly. But I ain't going to be showing how to run a welding machine with my ding-a-ling flopping around just to get some views. This lady is very attractive. The kind of attractive that would get just as many views with a pair of hearing and eye protection on. She can be cute and fun! while not running shop equipment.

pith helmet

Oh no, I get it. I'm a starving "youtuber" myself.

But my axe to grind is that others will see this and think that it is ok. Long hair next to a drill or drill press? No freaking way. But someone is going to see this and think its fine.

But hey, she has oodles of viewers and is getting bank for it. I'll admit, I'm kind of jelly. But I ain't going to be showing how to run a welding machine with my ding-a-ling flopping around just to get some views. This lady is very attractive. The kind of attractive that would get just as many views with a pair of hearing and eye protection on. She can be cute and fun! while not running shop equipment.

when grade school humor meets with coke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier