Wandering handymen Cheap camp/work trailer build

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Spent Christmas day hanging out with a buddy putting some white work lights on the upper rails in some Amber fender clearance markers.

Next will be onboard battery and possibly an inverter in a toolbox
e2de61979ab0fcf46726e04d96c853c1.jpg
27915b7b8b89291d635b2b3851b4f89e.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

WVI

Adventurer
I like it!
I've been toying around with the same idea as I have an old utility trailer, for about a year now......I procrastinate much.
I did score some nice big rims for it not long ago. I need to cut and raise the fenders I think to get them on.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
I like it!
I've been toying around with the same idea as I have an old utility trailer, for about a year now......I procrastinate much.
I did score some nice big rims for it not long ago. I need to cut and raise the fenders I think to get them on.
Just start...that's the hard part...the first cut...lol

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Earning her pay!!

Hauling my 2014 f350 Sterling. 10.5 with E-locker to my work garage n the d60 home..

Just fits!! And the fender marker lights are PERFECT!! now I can see it behind the van in the side mirrors!!
3f426d2d0cf01eb86280a6b2a120383c.jpg
03f8a60f717ae85ba5b6e496a3669735.jpg
1fff52bfd2fc945a72c92ae4d27f7888.jpg
be9316d9c6415bb7fd3a253967735965.jpg

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Well the trip got a 5/10.

As a preface to the long story the trailer did amazing loaded down for bear 48 bottles of water 15 gallons in jugs 6 packs of firewood, Wrangler ans trailer got 18.6 mpg!!

Also never buy a vehicle without air conditioning.. 92* for 5 days.

Arrived Friday night around 11pm at Davis ferry and setup camp in the parking lot. My hand got bitten up by some bugs and swelled up for 3 days.

Got across on the ferry with cape lookout (we didn't get a call back from Davis as it turns out their phone has been ringing non-stop for the last 2 weeks. They have had every single ferry booked up coming and going)

Drove the beaches for a while found out that the Jeep cooling fan wasn't working overheated once found a nice spot set up (least amount of biting flies) camp kids played in the surf for hours and hours.

Then my son ended up over doing it and at 9:30 projectile vomited all over everything inside of our tent sleeping bags pillows are mattresses and both his sisters twice within a minute and a half. After an hour of cleaning up and getting extra clothes n blankets out we got to sleep. To wake up at 1am to his other end..I thought he got it taken care of untill I stepped it barefoot at 7 a.m. with no glasses or contacts in.

At 7:15 I claimed cape lookout camping as over!!

We packed up headed back to the ferry try to get off the island fortunately we had cell service the entire time we are on cape lookout and we're lucky enough to get off on the Davis ferry paid a one-way trip whenever to cape lookout ferry got reimbursed then headed north the cedar island ferry to get over to Ocracoke where I can reserve a hotel room for two nights.

we did manage to buy three bags of ice for each one of the kids to hold in their lap to get their body core temperature down it was very hot no shade everyone was overheated sunburned and miserable despite plenty of applications of sunscreen.

we ended up getting our ferry reservations and stopped at sharky's bar and grill on cedar island eat some amazing food the twins played a first game of pool then we got onto the boat for two and a half hours over to Ocracoke, arrived got our hotel room unloaded the trailer took a shower and proceeded to sleep.

Next one and got up unhook the trailer took the doors off air down did some great shopping did plenty of driving all of the beaches I had spent a small fortune on souvenirs.

Ran into MC bus broke down give them a jump and then saw them the next day north of Kitty hawk. They had a bad battery it looks like they got it changed out!

The trip home was planned out much better we took the island ferry over to Hatteras quick drive on the beach there just to say that we drove all of the beaches headed north got some donuts stopped at monster truck grave digger headquarters did some gem mining also bought some swag

headed north the USS Wisconsin and the naval shipyard Scott to see a landing craft aircraft carrier that was being worked on in the naval shipyards an osprey flying around doing Marine maneuvers drove under the bay on the combination bridge tunnel and ended up in a motel 6 in Ashland Virginia and got some much-needed rest.

next morning I had a surprise I did a quick 45-minute detour we got to see the White House national monument Lincoln's memorial in congress with a couple photo opportunities and places we can stop then Hammer down got home about 4:30 yesterday afternoon.

couple note c 3.6 l Jeep with a 6-speed manual transmission did struggle on the hills a little bit but not anything as bad as I thought it was going to we were fully loaded down and she never once missed a tick couldn't be happier with the Jeep other than the fact that doesn't have air conditioning.

83db4ce01b4b45a4a94e11b7c4511d63.jpg
2c5c90abeec9070f66afba60311232da.jpg
5ef6947ce1d00d5dc621001eb4382e49.jpg
17304b07172c6246c103be3ef147965e.jpg
6e41457a19812470b49a536c9a19c5c0.jpg
14c64be8d961626ada781cab408839a3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles