Wallets

6Pins

Adventurer
I carry a leather Mulholland Brothers wallet, but I either stick it in the console of the jeep or I toss it in my bag. I rarely sit on it.

RttH

I wasn't going to click on this thread, I thought..."first there is a thread on underwear now one on wallets, what next toothpaste?" but after buying new underwear and now looking at wallet replacements I wish this portal would get on the NYSE so I could buy stock! I spend more money because of this website! Sorry...carry-on!:coffeedrink:

6Pins

Adventurer
I wasn't going to click on this thread, I thought..."first there is a thread on underwear now one on wallets, what next toothpaste?" :

I'm a big fan of Tom's of Maine if we want to kick off that thread.....:wings:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
couldn't you just remove the wallet when you sit down? seems pretty simple.
Like many other posters, I noticed that I was starting to feel the wallet in my back and hips. Now the only time my wallet is in my pocket is when I'm walking somewhere with it. I take it out when I get home and I take it out when in the car.

Back when Cordura wallets first came out I was given one. I carried it for 10+ years and I still have it. I don't like that it's bill pocket is a bit too small and is awkward to get bills in and out of. Were it not for that I'd just continue to use it. Every time my current wallet expires I dig it out and use it until I get another. It must be, what, close to 30 years old now? It shows it's age, but is still quite serviceable. None of the replacement cordura wallets have lasted anywhere near as long.

My current wallet is a surfing brand name that I can't recall. It is black leather (sorry BK!) and is the first leather wallet that I've ever had. So far, so good. Coming up on 3 years old and doesn't show it.

fowldarr

Explorer
I use a standard leather bifold, mine is made by columbia, has a nice place for the DL, and a few cards, and of course some of that green stuff people use instead of debit cards. It rides in my front pocket (after being picked in Mexico when I was 18 or so), A little thick right now because of all the "store" cards, not credit, but those stupid ones you need to get a decent price at the grocery store. Hate those. I thin it out about once a year. Had this one for 3-4 years, starting to fray at the edges, but the stitches are holding strong. Not recommending it one way or the other, but the standard leather bi-fold is my wallet of choice...

nargun

Adventurer
Call me old fashioned; but personally I prefer a small old fashioned leather wallet; can get wet, bashed about, burnt and the documents, receipts and money inside remain reasonably intact. Clean the junk out every 6 months or so; get a new one every 5 years or so.

Small enough to fit inside a front pocket, but big enough to know that it is there. Wallet and small change in right pocket, phone and car keys in left and I know where everything is.

For overseas travel, I also use a no name waterproof wallet that is just big enough to hold passports and can only be removed from my front pocket with extreme difficulty

Nothing screams “tourist” more than Bum bags, money belts or wallets suspended from the neck.

A wallet in the back pocket is an invitation for someone to test Fagin’s training

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles