Walking shoes

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
New Balance men's walking shoes were cheep at the rei online garage sale. I've never had a "Walking" shoe but my daily knocking around shoes were blown out. While walking on pavement your feet can squirm so much you must cinch the laces tight just so you foot stays over the middle of the sole. They are great around the house and for crawling under the rig but just a trip into the backyard is treacherous. Just be advise that a walking shoe is for walking to the fridge. I've had freinds with diabetes foot problems and such. They cannot have any pressure from shoes on their feet. They would be good for them. They may also be good as a camp slipper after wearing boots all day but as a real shoe or sneaker....? Not unless your idea of a shoe is a flip flop, fuzzy bedroom slipper or crocks.

They look tuff.

image.jpg

On a 1" tall stone they practically fold in half. What do you think of these grocery getters?

image.jpg

Last edited:

double moo

Adventurer
Looks like you found a good shoe there. My dad has neuropathy in both legs and relys heavily in good supportive cushioned shoes. He buys soley the Bew Balance for that reason - he has used them for 20 years and has a whole closet full. Looks like you also found New Balance... the "N" is not for Nike!

perterra

Adventurer
Nike men's walking shoes were cheep at the rei online garage sale. I've never had a "Walking" shoe but my daily knocking around shoes were blown out. While walking on pavement your feet can squirm so much you must cinch the laces tight just so you foot stays over the middle of the sole. They are great around the house and for crawling under the rig but just a trip into the backyard is treacherous. Just be advise that a walking shoe is for walking to the fridge. I've had freinds with diabetes foot problems and such. They cannot have any pressure from shoes on their feet. They would be good for them. They may also be good as a camp slipper after wearing boots all day but as a real shoe or sneaker....? Not unless your idea of a shoe is a flip flop, fuzzy bedroom slipper or crocks.

They look tuff.

View attachment 439873

On a 1" tall stone they practically fold in half. What do you think of these grocery getters?

View attachment 439874

I suspect they are a casual shoe for walking sidewalks. Not all New Balance are that way. I had a pair of 978 New Balance that were a solid shoe. I'm in to Hoka tor summits right now. About the most comfortable I have tried,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles