Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

calicamper

Expedition Leader
That will probably help. With a clean roof I do better mileage averages with the trailer than I do with rack and trailer. My next little project is a 2inch reciever on the trailer for a two bike rack tray. That should help my 18mpg average with bikes on roof vs down behind the trailer. No bikes 20-21mpg with the 4x6 camp trailer is pretty typical with 65-70mph speeds.

The boat was a whole other game given its 8.5ft width and 27ft trailered length. Towed awesome but was far far bigger deal. 85mph across NV and Utah behind a Yukon was no big deal lol

mike2100

Observer
I like what you did with this thing.

I read through the whole thread twice, but I didn't see if you talked about tire rub or why you used the spacers. Were you getting any rub with the 245/65-17 Coopers?
I'm contemplating 235/65-17 on 2015 WRX wheels. Not much bigger or wider than stock but worried they might rub some. Thanks!

Blendorbot

Sushi, are you planning to be at Overland Expo East this year?

I have a 2011 OB that I am going to slowly work on some modifications for. This thread has been very helpful, especially the first post with list of items!

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
Wow, that works great for the beach! I'm gonna suggest your vid to my bro who goes south of Daytona quite frequently.

BTW, I've really enjoyed your videos. Keep'em comin'.

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
Hey Grant, what engine do you have? I've tried to find out in this thread and on offroad subaru dot com, but nothing obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles