Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Yeah really, and with all the highway driving you do, a "softer" AT tire would have been better imo.

its a small compromise that ill take. especially since in the coming months close to every weekend will be in the woods.

i also live 8 minutes from work...so i dont do much highway driving

Last edited:

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
except when i cut two sidewalls and rip tread off a third. I was sick of replacing them.
Ahh, makes sense. I know how that feels. I replaced 2 yoko geolanders before moving over to General Grabber AT2's and they're much more durable.

Did you go up load classes by switching to Atturo's? I think that has a lot to do with my grabbers being so much more durable than my geolanders were. Just going to up to the next load class I can feel the tire is stiffer and even when I air down to 18psi I only get minimal sidewall flex where the geolanders would look flat at 18psi.

Dake21

Adventurer
its a small compromise that ill take. especially since in the coming months close to every weekend will be in the woods.

i also live 8 minutes from work...so i dont do much highway driving

I was under the impression you did a lot of highway driving. Alright then I take back what I said.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Ahh, makes sense. I know how that feels. I replaced 2 yoko geolanders before moving over to General Grabber AT2's and they're much more durable.

Did you go up load classes by switching to Atturo's? I think that has a lot to do with my grabbers being so much more durable than my geolanders were. Just going to up to the next load class I can feel the tire is stiffer and even when I air down to 18psi I only get minimal sidewall flex where the geolanders would look flat at 18psi.
Only option is KO2 for higher load.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I was under the impression you did a lot of highway driving. Alright then I take back what I said.

Only when i have to go to a campsite. drove 4 hours to PA this weekend

ALso, side note

Got ************* stuck. Had to winch out twice.
outback5 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
outback4 by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
untitled (27 of 37) by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
untitled (22 of 37) by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
untitled (19 of 37) by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
untitled (2 of 37) by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

quino171

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I spy another OB back there. Grant are you breeding em now? Trailer looks good. How was the tow?

Headed to the coast in two weeks for a quick weekend. Just replaced the original 2010 battery yesterday LoL.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I spy another OB back there. Grant are you breeding em now? Trailer looks good. How was the tow?

Headed to the coast in two weeks for a quick weekend. Just replaced the original 2010 battery yesterday LoL.

It was a weekend with 11 vehicles that another subaru owner an I organized

untitled (13 of 37) by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

It towed amazing honestly. Besides the lack of MPG with all my stuff compiled (rack, bumper, tires, aerodynamics ruined and trailer) it was pretty uneventful. The trailer is most likely one of the best pulling trailers ive ever owned. With a lock and roll hitch its silent on the road

calicamper

Expedition Leader
It was a weekend with 11 vehicles that another subaru owner an I organized

untitled (13 of 37) by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

It towed amazing honestly. Besides the lack of MPG with all my stuff compiled (rack, bumper, tires, aerodynamics ruined and trailer) it was pretty uneventful. The trailer is most likely one of the best pulling trailers ive ever owned. With a lock and roll hitch its silent on the road

16mpg? ;-) my 21ft 8.5ft wide racing sailboat was a solid 16mpg at 70mph with a head wind. Full trailer length mode was 27ft then about another 15ft of mast up over the car. 1800lbs all up. No head wind and 55-60mph I saw 18mpg and on rare occasions 21mpg but that was a really sleek enclosed hull that sat even with the OB roof line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94