Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
SO i have made the first irreversible modification to the subaru
I had issues with the tire carrier moving fore and aft in relation to the car, and it annoyed the **** out of me. So I decided to beef it up a bit
I used 1/4 plate, with 2x2 1/4 wall tube and some 1/8 strips for bolt tabs
The main assembly slides into the braces and bolts in. Fixed everything and zero issues now
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
Oh and i notched for my pump spout

Headed up to boston this weekend to have the front bumper finished up.

JStodd555

That looks great Grant!

I've been thinking of something similar for my Forester. Come spring, I may pay Mr. Costa a visit.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
So awesome. I've been waiting until my crack or destroy my front bumper to do something like this but the damn thing just won't break. My family always laughs at me because I owned an 850R before that I went through 3 bumpers because I kept cracking or destroying them (by something as simple as scraping coming out of a parking lot or driveway) and for once I actually want my bumper to break and it just never does. Suzuki needs to explain a few things about their unbreakable plastic to Volvo.

Do you ever worry about airflow? Or does most of your air flow through the upper grille? I always think a bumper like that would mess up the vacuum created by the low pressure under the car to get air through the radiator.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
there is so much flow on the upper side. Im not that worried about it
If i was like most people and waited for tires to wear out, or things to go bad, or warranties to run out, i wouldnt be where i am today

Just do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles