Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
that's actually the stickers you can get here from the forum in the store! I like to support good sites!

You could put a 8k id imagine. but youd have to get a small body winch like a smittybuilt or something and relocate the solenoid and jazz.

I tend to do my builds fast and aggressive. all my racecars, toy cars etc have been the same way. I enjoy the actual build process more than anything.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
4000lb atv winch? I was eye balling those and looking at the space behind the bumper on my OB. Looks like it fits.
Currently trying to convince the Wife that replacing the broken stock bumper on the truck with a built bumper is a better way to go. Shes set on color matched bumpers on our Sequoia.. Uggg...

At some point she's going to need to let go and let me have one vehicle to play with. Lol

jrolla

And love the outback but any reason you went this route instead of a forester?

4000lb atv winch? I was eye balling those and looking at the space behind the bumper on my OB. Looks like it fits.
Currently trying to convince the Wife that replacing the broken stock bumper on the truck with a built bumper is a better way to go. Shes set on color matched bumpers on our Sequoia.. Uggg...

At some point she's going to need to let go and let me have one vehicle to play with. Lol

buy armor and color match it happy you happy wife, or give me the sequoia!

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
And love the outback but any reason you went this route instead of a forester?
!
actually yeah. The forester is a subpar vehicle in my opinion. All the tech is a generation behind. I could ONLY get eyesight with leather. I didnt want leather.

The forester with leather, HK sound, and some other options is the same price as my car. You HAD to get a limited to get Xmode, and a few other options.
Plus, it ride very rough, loud and is less refined on the interior.

came down to, outback ride better, is quieter, and i could get eyesight, power gate, without leather.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
actually yeah. The forester is a subpar vehicle in my opinion. All the tech is a generation behind. I could ONLY get eyesight with leather. I didnt want leather.

The forester with leather, HK sound, and some other options is the same price as my car. You HAD to get a limited to get Xmode, and a few other options.

came down to, outback ride better, is quieter, and i could get eyesight, power gate, without leather.

;-) OB has more load capacity the current Forester is based on the impreza platform vs the older version was on the old legacy platform. OB is simply a heavier better platform for loaded camping and off pavement use. Current Forester is to light for expedition type use especially for two or more.

jrolla

Gotcha just wondering I have always loved the look of the foresters. I hate when they make you get "x" to have "y" but I have found most can be added after the fact.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
updated original post with current inventory.
its been an amazingly busy week guys. with fabricating winch stuff (still have to do some finish welding on the mount), getting things like pots and pans and stuff for this weekend, I haven't had a ton of time to devote to any detailed write-ups or pics. soon I promise!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles