Wagonofdoom - 2015 Outback build

justcuz

Explorer
Kudos to you on modifying your OB.
While not everyone's cup of tea, as long as it accomplishes your goals and makes you happy, so be it.
A lot of what people now call overlanding, was simply camping not many years ago.
I don't even consider the Mojave Road or similar dirt road based trips to be overlanding. A dirt road is still a road.
With tread lightly and conservation of our outdoor environment, overlanding these days is done mostly on foot or horseback. You may be doing a bit of overlanding in Death Valley, navigating the washed out areas of some of the roads damaged by last months rainstorm, if they haven't been fixed already, but true vehicular overlanding is rare these days.
Gone are the days you can drive up the side of Pikes Peak like Chevrolet did to advertise the 1957 4 wheel drive pickup. That to me was true overlanding, pick a point and get there, no roads just dead reckoning.
I am not endorsing a blanket return to the old days and I even believe some access to horses and people should be restricted. Horse and hiking trails, to me are not much different than a dirt road from a visual standpoint.
I have seen places where vehicular travel has been restricted and hikers have left it more of a mess then people with vehicular access ever did.

justcuz

Explorer
I see, just responding to the criticism of your vehicle and trips along with giving my perspective about what folks consider overlanding.
Carry on, your modifications look very nice.

muddyluxury

Observer
Grant, could you share a link to more photos or post some more photos of the rear swing out? I'm looking to do something similar. The wife's only rule was to keep the GC a little less redneck than my last one. Too that end I want to make things low profile and removable.

Thanks and keep up the good works, the Subi looks great!

Hranni

Thats one ************ SUBARU ! :Wow1: i like it alot, its not the gear and cars that make people a overlanders or expeditioners, its going out that is

bdp1978

Adventurer
Just came across this thread, awesome job on this build! This forum has some great minds and fabricators, and as always.......some serious ********************.

"Is it really "Overlanding"....but seriously....is it really "Overlanding".....give me a break.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
So much fun to be had!

Trying out some new tires

Atturo Trail Blade XT came out in a 235-65-17, so i figured lets do it!
trailbladext_black_top.jpg

http://www.atturo.com/moto/trailbladext

DanCooper

Adventurer
Arturo tires

I'm looking forward to seeing those mounted and on the WOD. What is the measured diameter with that beautiful blocky tread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94