WAECO Coolmatic 50

I picked this fridge up used at the Overland Expo from a guy here on the Portal (sorry, I forgot who you are). I paid $400 for it, and never really used it, just plugged it in on my counter at home for a few days to test it. It works great, and the Danfoss compressor is still running strong. It is scuffed here and there, and the lid has some damage that makes it a tad fidgety (see pictures below). I have a Whynter 45 qt fridge in the Jeep now, and was going to replace it with this one, but decided not to for two reasons: The Whynter is in better physical condition and is newer, and the WAECO has the Danfoss compressor, which is more desirable for resale. I wish I didn't have to sell it, but I'm going through really hard times right now and need money to pay for medical bills.

I'd like to get my money back on this fridge, so I'm asking $400 for it again. I do not want to ship it. Pick up in Chandler, AZ

DSCF2740.jpg

DSCF2744.jpg

DSCF2742.jpg

DSCF2743.jpg

dms1

Explorer
Is the large compartment a fridge and the small compartment a freezer? Or are they both fridges?

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I have this same fridge. It's about the same size as the engel 45, but that little compartment is where you get an extra 5 of storage room because the compressor is more compact on the Waeco's.

Great fridge!! Mine has been running strong being on 100% of the time for the last 3 years. I've only shut it off to clean it out, if I leave or spill something gross in it!!

a.mus.ed

Explorer
I'm interested and in need for a an upcoming trip, but I have to find $400 somewhere. Do you take small change covered in lint?

Bergger

Explorer
Great fridge!! Mine has been running strong being on 100% of the time for the last 3 years. I've only shut it off to clean it out, if I leave or spill something gross in it!!

I agree. I don't think I've turned mine off for more than a few hours in the past 3 years and no issues. When it's not used for camping it makes a good beer fridge in the garage.

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
This fridge was mine!!! I sold it to you at the Expo because I got a new National Luna Weekender 50 from Paul at Equipt!! That fridge is a killer deal at $400, can't believe you are selling it for less!!!! I've traveled with that fridge for the last 3 years and it has been bomber. I do have to admit that the National Luna is the "Top Dog" though. You could buy many Waeco's for the cost of one National Luna:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior