VW Tiguan concept

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Essentially a downsized Tuareg, with a "clean" TDI engine and, um, orange tires.

I've always thought something like this would make a great economical machine with the capability to do a round-the-world journey. Lots of people did just that in VW Combis . . .

29la-tiguan1.600.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
Tiguan ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tee-güän) [Chochimie (Indian dialect), Fertile meadow or Close to the water.]

The name of Tijuana derives from Tiguan

ZooJunkie

Explorer
I like it. It looks like a cross between a 2nd gen RAV4 and an X3. Nice! I wonder if it will ever make it to the States w/ a diesel option.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
With the ready availability of low-sulphur diesel fuel we should see a flood of very cool, highly efficient, moderate-displacement diesel engines from Europe and Japan. Our own makers seem stuck on ever-more-huge truck engines, and will no doubt be left in the dust yet again.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Jonathan Hanson said:
With the ready availability of low-sulphur diesel fuel we should see a flood of very cool, highly efficient, moderate-displacement diesel engines from Europe and Japan. Our own makers seem stuck on ever-more-huge truck engines, and will no doubt be left in the dust yet again.

:iagree:

Looks interesting... is it an AWD?

haven

Expedition Leader
diesel for USA - yes

A note on the Autoweek web site confirms VW's plan to import the Tiguan with a 2.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine. The diesel will be 50 states legal without the need for the urea injection (so-called AdBlue system) used in larger engines. The note speculates that the North American market will see the diesel Tiguan by the end of calendar 2008.

Here's the link
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061204/FREE/61204003/

Chip Haven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles