In the process of building a buggy

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

And my different type of VW adventure vehicle
IMG_0670.JPG

DSCF4807.JPG

MidnightRider

MidnightRider
Right now Im living in Fullerton, Orange County.

A few specs on the baja.
1776 motor, engle 140 cam, weber 40 idf carb. adj. front beam, bosch 009 dist, pertronix electronic ign, elec fuel pump, 31 x 10.5 rear tires, 7.0 - 15's front, bosch alternator, red top optima, 100w H-4 headlamps, bosch 100w H-3 offroad lights, c.b radio, 6 pt. rollcage welded in, custom all-stainless roof-rack, Tri-mil 2" exhaust w/ supertrapp spark arrestor.

I removed the backseat, built a carpeted platform with access hatches for storage under. When I camp I can easily remove the front seats, put 2 action packer tubs in place of the seats, and fill up my air mattress inside and have a nice cozy bed. Then string a tarp from the roof rack for an awning, and have nice bucket seats for camp chairs, I need to take pics of it all setup.

shaggybus

I traveled all up and down the east coast in my '72 Westy years back. I miss that bus like crazy. I am lusting after a Syncro and hope to have one in the next 2-4 years.100_1601.jpg

oksidzen

Hello all, first time posting on here. I figure I'll begin with introducing my 1999 Volkswagen Eurovan VR6. I am currently building this into a camper van, and intend to begin traveling around the United States when its complete.
I've already acquired a SideWinder II awning from CareFree of Colorado, along with the optional tent kit, that I intend on installing when I've completed the mechanical work that the van currently needs (timing chains replaced, as well as some emissions related codes). I will be building custom cabinets inside, which will include a stainless steel sink with 12v pump, removable propane two-burner stove (to cook outside if desired), and a 12v peltier refrigerated cooler. There will be a solar hot water heater as well as multiple solar panels on the roof that will charge dual deep-cycle batteries in a custom enclosure inside the van. These batteries will also charge while the van is running, thanks to a 12v isolator charging system. Of course, these are still the preliminary plans, and subject to change.

The van as it is today:
DSCF5031.jpg
DSCF5052.jpg

vwalan

vwlt50

hi vw alan here in uk new on here thought i had better put a few pics on .i used to run an independant vw store we built trikes campers and then i retired i bought this a vw lt with artic trailer .i converted the trailer to a living van. the pics are in maroc way up above dades gourge .the one with snow is about 3000mtrs above sea level. i now pull the trailer with the mitsubishi canter . wish it was 4x4 but it gets most places . its crossed deserts been up mountain tracks . even suprises me where it goes .

Attachments

• garypics1 066.jpg
    garypics1 066.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 49
  • P3040047.jpg
    P3040047.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Morocco 2008-2009 232.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 232.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 51

Heading Out

Adventurer
I've had a few VW's... Rabbit, Jetta, Quantum, Diesel Caddy (Rabbit truck), '59 '73 and '74 Bugs, Meyers Tow'd and two Westie's, and 80 and a 90

Hers a couple of shots of the 90.

Before the 15" wheels in the Alabama Hills, Owens Valley, CA.
westie-alabama-hills.jpg

With 15" South African wheels.
small-westie.jpg

mwendell

Mine... an '87 Syncro Westfalia w/ Subie 2.2

DSC_6005.jpg

This photo was taken out west somewhere a few years ago. Since then, and because I live in the salt belt, it's gotten bitten by the typical Vanagon seam rust, although not horribly. Need to take care of that this spring.

ttravis5446

Adventurer
897571.jpg

I bought this Bus a little while ago after I sold my Rubicon on this site. It gives me something to mess with after work and something to camp out of on some desert trips this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier