VW People....Check in!!!!

Jelorian

Adventurer
Sorry, late to the party.

Wife has an 08 Touareg. Sporty in the twisties and pretty darn capable offroad when the driver does his part.

My DD is an 03 Passat Wagon. Our family always had VW's. Grew up with VW's, Vanagon's, Jetta's, Golf's, Cabriolet's.

Brother has an 04 R32 and a 2003 Eurovan.

Like you all already know, they have their quirks and you can't be afraid to wrench on them and keep up with the maintenance.

Oh yeah, and having the CEL on is something almost all water cooled VW owner's can relate to.

Hahahah!

warejn

Observer
f90fc7182d23837f04e52c49b41ed354.jpg

I just joined the VW club with this 1970 Baja Bug. It needs a bit of work but the tub is sound with minimal rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCO6

Adventurer
I used to build and race off road cars in the early to mid '70s while in college and shortly after. I left that and got into car restoration and although I have no regrets I kind of wish I had stuck with it now that I'm into Jeeps. It was a good education in design and fabrication plus basic mechanical, welding, electrical, etc. skills. Restoration was more along the lines of following a script ... make it how it was originally built vs. how you wanted it to be.

I've owned a lot of VW's but these were the most fun ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

slowlane

Observer
I have been around VW's for a good part of my life. While I was growing up we had a '78 Dasher, an '87 Jetta and my first car was a beater '91 Jetta. I currently have a 1966 Beetle that I rebuilt during 2010-11. Now with over 40,000 miles since the rebuild, the Beetle has reliably taken me to both coasts and many places in between. I am not really a VW nut, as I don't see myself getting another one, but I plan to drive my '66 until I wear it out again.

My '66 Beetle heading toward Chimney Rock in Nebraska in June 2015.
31319314170_9150957ef4_c.jpg

JAMJAMVW

hey 07 rabbit!!!!

How high off the ground does it sit? I have an 08 rabbit and i got hooked on this site because of your posts.

neonasty

Heres my 2016 Amarok from Australia.

On a beach in Northern Tasmania a few weeks ago.

Custom canopy for camping.

23843310_10155260700493175_4518008658005746518_n.jpg

-Shaun

Alfissimo

Ton in Australia, russia and other places. US is a bit slim since it was not a huge model here, of course. I'd like them to bring the Amarok here! I am working on my TDI for overlanding. For now, second battery going in, storage building up, pre-filter for fuel, rooftop pop up tent and a few more items. I think it's a great truck for overlanding and I like that not many people use them. The TDI is an amazing engine and the car overall is super reliable. in 70K miles++ , I have have 1 issue that was covered under warranty, that's it. Not sure why more folks don't use them, initial purchase is pretty expensive and the V10 was a beast but could have issues but overall a beautiful beast. I have the 3.0L Diesel version which is fantastic not many brought to the US in 2009-2010. Only about 3,000 and 3/4 or more have been bought back by VW for diesel scandal. I am keeping mine.

fullsizeoutput_2393.jpg

rfoubi

Observer
2WD Vanagon

My parents bought this new in 1987 as a panel van and got it converted to a custom camper. Since i bought it ~2001 from them, its seen a 1.5" lift, peloquin limited slip diff, 2.5L subaru motor swap, dual battery and solar setup, truckfridge, propex heater, and a million other less exciting things. Its been all over north america, baja twice, mainland mexico, florida keys, halifax, alaska, and all points in between.

Untitled by Robin Foubister, on Flickr

perterra

Adventurer
My parents bought this new in 1987 as a panel van and got it converted to a custom camper. Since i bought it ~2001 from them, its seen a 1.5" lift, peloquin limited slip diff, 2.5L subaru motor swap, dual battery and solar setup, truckfridge, propex heater, and a million other less exciting things. Its been all over north america, baja twice, mainland mexico, florida keys, halifax, alaska, and all points in between.

I like it

Third

Yellow car is in a tear-down to bare frame. Doing some modifications and other fab work. 1600 dp, 092 trans.

Getting ready to prep the Baja for paint (this season is white w/orange trim). Also fabbing up new roof rack and side bars. Toyota V6, built 092 trans.

Attachments

• headed to BR - Copy.jpg
    headed to BR - Copy.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180209_182432.jpg
    20180209_182432.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 33

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
dont know how much overlanding we will do in it, but here is my new (to me) commuter. 2006 Jetta TDI, 5 speed, currently getting about 53MPG on the freeway. i used to have a 69-72 baja bug with a porshe 911 engine, sure miss that thing.

tKohvbU.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior