VORSHEER - Introducing Ourselves

Wyuna

Observer
It's a tough one,

but i have no issue with the deposit, most industries such as construction have deposits and progress payments, and i personally wouldn't do a job without the materials being paid for upfront for custom work.

At least you can sell the project if the buyer pulls out for any reason to cover labour costs

I guess quite a few have been burnt lately, so this is a concern for many.

Anyhow its good to see you providing feedback and being transparent.

good luck

Drew Nelson

I would like to chime in here on a few things. First of all, I am a Moby1 customer who never got the trailer I ordered. I used 2 forms of payment for the deposit, PayPal and bank transfer. PayPal refunded all of what I paid using them. Needless to say PayPal is awesome and I wish I would of used it for everything with Moby1, but live and learn. PayPal is safe.

Second of all, I’ve been to Vorsheer’s shop. I showed up without an appointment, and as busy as Steve (one of the owners) was, he took the time to answer questions and show me around. They had 2 trailers ready to be picked up and parts for several more. In talking to Steve, it’s clear that he’s passionate about the design and the fabrication of the trailers they build. I crawled all over one of the trailers and I’m my opinion they are very well thought out and built. I also met one of their customers who was thrilled with the trailer they purchased from Vorsheer.

I’ve been very involved with the Moby1 case, and through everything I’ve seen there’s no way that Vorsheer and Moby1 are connected. These are hard working guys that are building a great product. Its unfortunate they have to prove themselves to the extent that they do because of Moby1. Give these guys a chance, they are doing good work.

fireball

Explorer
I’ve been very involved with the Moby1 case, and through everything I’ve seen there’s no way that Vorsheer and Moby1 are connected. These are hard working guys that are building a great product. Its unfortunate they have to prove themselves to the extent that they do because of Moby1. Give these guys a chance, they are doing good work.

They are former employees of Moby. That is a connection. They started a new company by LYING to the public about this connection with Moby. This is a large reason they are having to prove themselves. They also started a business without the available capital to fund a build and are asking for 50% downpayments.

They look like cool trailers. Their recent postings make them sound like a decent of folks. I'm a fan of small businesses and hope they do well, but like it or not they have an uphill road to travel.

pchflag

I have known Steve and Davin for 4 years and I'm glad to see their success with Vorsheer. Anyone who claims they have some relationship to Moby1 needs to read the next paragraph. I was down at the shop last week to take a tour and talk about the new trailers. I have a masters degree in Operations Management and have been in manufacturing for 30 years and Steve is building a first class manufacturing operation. He is using the best manufacturing principles to produce quality trailers that are delivered as promised, on time and with quality components and workmanship. I was impressed to see that they have addressed all of the Moby1 design flaws and have made numerous other improvements. Welds, assembly, finishes all look professional and can pass any standard. There is an inventory system for parts and they have a replenishment program so that parts are on hand as trailers progress through the shop. It is obvious that money is being invested in operations and inventory and not being spent on Disneyland trips (if you knew Ashley you know what I mean). Designs are being improved as feedback is received from customers and the customers actually give feedback and aren't having to threaten lawsuits every week like they were with Moby1. Steve and everyone else at Vorsheer are doing things right and they are ethical, something entirely missing at Moby1.

I worked for Moby1 for several years and I have been following all of the Moby1 threads with interest, knowing that sooner or later the truth about Ashley and his lack of personal and business ethics would be made public. Steve and Davin were hired about 6 months after I started. I was hired when Ashley had 2 trailers on the road and about 8 trailers that had been sitting in the build queue, for months to more than a year. The day I started there wasn't a single trailer that was under construction and no employees. Ashley handed me a single page AutoCAD drawing, told me not to mess anything up and then disappeared. That is how everything at Moby1 worked. I had been there a week when it became obvious that Ashley was in way over his head. If we needed parts and material we had to wait on Ashley, who frequently told us there was no money to buy parts despite bragging about how many deposits he was taking. If we wanted to make a design change to fix problems, Ashley refused. The leaks were always an issue but Ashley blamed us for installing the weather stripping wrong while simultaneously refusing to implement the simple design changes we had worked out that would have fixed the issue. Steve and I fought Ashley constantly to make improvements of any type. Even simple things like inventory replenishment and build scheduling turned into agonizing frustrations. The entire time I worked for Ashley we didn't deliver a singe trailer as promised because we never had the materials when we needed them. I left after Ashley had missed payroll repeatedly while at the same time showing up in new vehicles and buying a luxury home. Animosity between Ashley and his employees was pervasive. Moby1 was never about building trailers, it was a personal piggy bank for Ashley and his family.

Vorsheer is not Moby1. We all worked for them but that is as far as it went. Vorsheer is building superior trailers, are ethical in their business practices and they know how to operate a manufacturing business. If you are thinking about having them build your trailer, you will receive what you are promised.

opp

Observer
it was a personal piggy bank for Ashley and his family SAME FAMLEY BS HOW ABOUT BEING A VET . IT is 2019 not 2021 lies and more BS post don't help. Ashley name on paper work for VIN as of 6/20/2019

Utah Valley University
Bachelor’s Degree, Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement
2015 – 2021

shade

I have known Steve and Davin for 4 years and I'm glad to see their success with Vorsheer. Anyone who claims they have some relationship to Moby1 needs to read the next paragraph. I was down at the shop last week to take a tour and talk about the new trailers. I have a masters degree in Operations Management and have been in manufacturing for 30 years and Steve is building a first class manufacturing operation. He is using the best manufacturing principles to produce quality trailers that are delivered as promised, on time and with quality components and workmanship. I was impressed to see that they have addressed all of the Moby1 design flaws and have made numerous other improvements. Welds, assembly, finishes all look professional and can pass any standard. There is an inventory system for parts and they have a replenishment program so that parts are on hand as trailers progress through the shop. It is obvious that money is being invested in operations and inventory and not being spent on Disneyland trips (if you knew Ashley you know what I mean). Designs are being improved as feedback is received from customers and the customers actually give feedback and aren't having to threaten lawsuits every week like they were with Moby1. Steve and everyone else at Vorsheer are doing things right and they are ethical, something entirely missing at Moby1.

I worked for Moby1 for several years and I have been following all of the Moby1 threads with interest, knowing that sooner or later the truth about Ashley and his lack of personal and business ethics would be made public. Steve and Davin were hired about 6 months after I started. I was hired when Ashley had 2 trailers on the road and about 8 trailers that had been sitting in the build queue, for months to more than a year. The day I started there wasn't a single trailer that was under construction and no employees. Ashley handed me a single page AutoCAD drawing, told me not to mess anything up and then disappeared. That is how everything at Moby1 worked. I had been there a week when it became obvious that Ashley was in way over his head. If we needed parts and material we had to wait on Ashley, who frequently told us there was no money to buy parts despite bragging about how many deposits he was taking. If we wanted to make a design change to fix problems, Ashley refused. The leaks were always an issue but Ashley blamed us for installing the weather stripping wrong while simultaneously refusing to implement the simple design changes we had worked out that would have fixed the issue. Steve and I fought Ashley constantly to make improvements of any type. Even simple things like inventory replenishment and build scheduling turned into agonizing frustrations. The entire time I worked for Ashley we didn't deliver a singe trailer as promised because we never had the materials when we needed them. I left after Ashley had missed payroll repeatedly while at the same time showing up in new vehicles and buying a luxury home. Animosity between Ashley and his employees was pervasive. Moby1 was never about building trailers, it was a personal piggy bank for Ashley and his family.

Vorsheer is not Moby1. We all worked for them but that is as far as it went. Vorsheer is building superior trailers, are ethical in their business practices and they know how to operate a manufacturing business. If you are thinking about having them build your trailer, you will receive what you are promised.
Welcome to ExPo, and thanks for the perspective.

I've been waiting for someone to mention what usually happens to employees when a business like M1 folds. The employees are often promised pay checks that go unfulfilled for weeks or months, and then they have to decide between leaving (and forgetting about ever getting back pay), or staying put to see if things turn around. I've lived through that once, and like most people that have been burnt like that, I'll never let myself get trapped in that dilemma again.

pchflag

it was a personal piggy bank for Ashley and his family SAME FAMLEY BS HOW ABOUT BEING A VET . IT is 2019 not 2021 lies and more BS post don't help. Ashley name on paper work for VIN as of 6/20/2019

Utah Valley University
2015 – 2021

opp, your posts are so incoherent that nobody knows what you are talking about and therefore cannot take you seriously. Perhaps you should retake your ESL course before continuing to humiliate yourself.

opp

Observer
ADMIN NOTE: You were warned - Vacation time for you. Get out and do a little traveling and clear your head from this -

LOL . This just some of your bs you only you are putting out there. mr mccloud
Combat Engineer
US Army
August 2017 – Present 1 year 11 months
Ogden, Utah

Utah Valley University
2015 – 2021

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davin-mccloud-43775b122

Last edited by a moderator:

davinm

ADMIN NOTE: You were warned - Vacation time for you. Get out and do a little traveling and clear your head from this -

LOL . This just some of your bs you only you are putting out there. mr mccloud
Combat Engineer
US Army
August 2017 – Present 1 year 11 months
Ogden, Utah

Utah Valley University
2015 – 2021

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davin-mccloud-43775b122
This is a personal issue, so it will be dealt with on my personal account. Usually I wouldn’t do this, but if you’re attempting to say I am lying about serving in the military, I feel it needs to be addressed.

I am an drilling reservist, not a veteran. I’m a 12B (combat engineer) with the 744 EN CO in Ogden, UT. I went to basic in November of 2017. This is a few months after I left my employment at Moby1. Your claims of “no vet owned signed in the shop” (in reference to your visit to Moby1) have two issues: one, I didn’t hold any ownership in Moby1. Two, I entered the military AFTER my employment at Moby1.

As for your 2021 ordeal with my education, that’s my anticipated date of graduation. It does need to be updated however, as it will likely not be that soon.

Thankfully you’re on an administrative leave for a minute due to the moderators. Hopefully that will give you enough time to understand what I’ve written above.

VORSHEER

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share some photos of our latest trailer to go out. This one has a few new things we will be adding to our lineup of options which you can read about below.

524084 524081

It has a shovel/axe holder on the spare tire. The mounting plates on our ASTC (adaptive spare tire carrier) can be used to accommodate RotopaX, tool mounts, hi lift jacks, and anything else that can be mounted to a flat surface! The mounting plates for those accessories have mounting points that allow for adjustment both vertically and horizontal. The ASTC will appear on our future trailer models so it's adaptability will be across our lineup. Another cool feature of the ASTC is the height of the spare tire is adjustable as well.

In addition to that, it has RGB under frame lighting, as well as clearance lights on the roof rack. We are developing a flood light system for the roof rack to give the whole camp sight tons of illumination if needed, along with individual lighting within each of the boxes on the trailer. This will be super awesome for those dark nights out in the wild!

Black doors also make their first appearance on this XOC, giving it a cool and contrasting look.

If you have any questions or would like to see an option added, just let us know and we will see what we can do!

shade

How many trailers has VORSHEER released into the wild?

Will the ASTC work with a Moby1 trailer?

TravelsWithRalph

Adventurer
As a current Moby owner, I like those additions. I do worry about trailer balance when adding weight rear of the wheels but I suppose a couple lbs for a shovel and axe is nothing to worry about. Love the lighting ideas. Have wanted to add under lighting and backup lights for a long time. Backing up in the dark now needs a spotter. I find the over door lights attract all the bugs, then I can't open the doors without getting them all inside. Under lights would solve that. Red light or amber lights would also help. I put a red filter over one of my interior lights so I don't blind myself in the middle of the night looking for my ...what ever. I would also seek a way to better protect the door opening from rain. My Moby has a huge space between the ARB awning and the trailer body. Rain runs down the side and the old moby doors didn't have a rain gutter above them. I'm thinking of adding a solid floor to my roof rack and span that gap. Also, I moved my ARB awing forward so the door of my ARB room lines up with the door on the trailer. Cheers

VORSHEER

How many trailers has VORSHEER released into the wild?

Will the ASTC work with a Moby1 trailer?
Currently we have 9 trailers we have manufactured that are out and about.

Unfortunately, no, the ASTC will not work with a Moby1 trailer. Some of the geometry had to change in order to make fabrication easier and functionality better.

VORSHEER

As a current Moby owner, I like those additions. I do worry about trailer balance when adding weight rear of the wheels but I suppose a couple lbs for a shovel and axe is nothing to worry about. Love the lighting ideas. Have wanted to add under lighting and backup lights for a long time. Backing up in the dark now needs a spotter. I find the over door lights attract all the bugs, then I can't open the doors without getting them all inside. Under lights would solve that. Red light or amber lights would also help. I put a red filter over one of my interior lights so I don't blind myself in the middle of the night looking for my ...what ever. I would also seek a way to better protect the door opening from rain. My Moby has a huge space between the ARB awning and the trailer body. Rain runs down the side and the old moby doors didn't have a rain gutter above them. I'm thinking of adding a solid floor to my roof rack and span that gap. Also, I moved my ARB awing forward so the door of my ARB room lines up with the door on the trailer. Cheers
If you are curious about retrofitting any of these additions to your Moby1, give us a call and we will see what we can do.

Thanks for the suggestions as well! The new doors we use have a rain gutter which helps mitigate the rain issue you mentioned above.

VORSHEER

Just wanted to give an update to those out there that are interested. We have an XOC trailer slot up for grabs so if you're interested give us a call! It'll be about three weeks out from the time the deposit is placed.

Also, our new website is experiencing some delays. It's still coming but will likely be pushed back a week or two. Our current website is still up and running if you are looking for a place to check us out. We mentioned that we would have a couple new models of trailer up on the website. Since it is experiencing some delays, we haven't shared any info regarding those trailers. For those that are curious, we'll post a render we did of one of our new trailers that is currently in development:

We are still working on a name for this little guy, but some of it's proposed features will include:
  • Compact package that is 10' long, 6' 6" wide, and 5' 3" tall (with no RTT)
  • Full kitchen (sink, stove, fridge/freezer)
  • Hot water heater w/ shower point
  • Full sized ASTC spare tire carrier
  • Independent Timbren suspension
  • Compatible with 23Zero awnings and RTTs
  • Ample storage space for all your gear
  • 24 gallon fresh water tank
  • Variety of lighting options (exterior lighting, interior box lighting, underbelly lighting, etc.)
  • Electrical points for solar panels and 12v accessories
We are aiming to have a prototype complete by Q4 of this year. As always, this is subject to change due to production of current trailers, custom work, and other services we offer. If you have any feedback or questions on the design, please let us know so we can integrate that into our final product. As always, keep up with us on Facebook and Instagram @vorsheershop, and feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles