VORSHEER - Introducing Ourselves

The Artisan

Adventurer
Just to clarify since we don't want any misinformation out there, we currently do require deposits. We are working a couple different avenues right now to eliminate that requirement, but for now it is required.
Oh sorry if I misread that. At some point as you grow deposits are always needed at the start.
Kevin

OverlandNA

Here ya go! They can all be found on our IG, just so you are aware!

What welds were you hoping to see pictures of? We weld steel and aluminum in our shop. Could you also clarify what you mean when you refer to the corners of out main box and galley lid?
I'm not on IG, just so you are aware! I went to your website and saw all 2 trailers and several renderings.
I asked for pictures of your welds, so show me some up close trailer welds and some of your aluminum welds.
Roof meets side of cabin,what do you use to seal it? Just the angle trim?
I also asked for pics of what seals the galley hatch? Top, side edge & bottom.

opp

Observer
IT'S out there if they steal your money it on you. Same people just so many lies .BS on the bank loan I am sure you will do a few trailers before you do the same thing . Your biggest give away is how you make yourself sound like mother Teresa ,Gandhi! Before the last bankruptcy you had your shills posting how great you where ALL OVER THE WEB. Just like now
We know them as well as anybody-we thought. The entire family are crooks. Mr. Grimes has made a lifestyle of ripping people off-has filed bankruptcy now his 2nd time. Evidently' the law says you can rip consumers off 19k at a time, brag about your Jeeps and motorcycles and have a good life at the expense of other people. Stupid me, I worked for 30+ years to do it. We are involved with this case and I would be interested if others met the same fate. YES, we did investigate the business but didn't see any issues at the time-Jan 2017. We issued a bank check as Mr. Grimes would NOT accept a credit card. He knew the fraud game-we did not. Eventually you get caught-he wasn't the brightest light in the business world
If you lost money get hold of IRS .you know that they did not report any of this cash a bank check is the same as cash

Last edited:

shade

IT'S out there if they steal your money it on you. Same people just so many lies .BS on the bank loan I am sure you will do a few trailers before you do the same thing . Your biggest give away is how you make yourself sound like mother Teresa ,Gandhi! Before the last bankruptcy you had your shills posting how great you where ALL OVER THE WEB. Just like now
We know them as well as anybody-we thought. The entire family are crooks. Mr. Grimes has made a lifestyle of ripping people off-has filed bankruptcy now his 2nd time. Evidently' the law says you can rip consumers off 19k at a time, brag about your Jeeps and motorcycles and have a good life at the expense of other people. Stupid me, I worked for 30+ years to do it. We are involved with this case and I would be interested if others met the same fate. YES, we did investigate the business but didn't see any issues at the time-Jan 2017. We issued a bank check as Mr. Grimes would NOT accept a credit card. He knew the fraud game-we did not. Eventually you get caught-he wasn't the brightest light in the business world
If you lost money get hold of IRS .you know that they did not report any of this cash a bank check is the same as cash
Can you provide any proof that the Grimes family is involved with the new company?

If not, I think you're off the mark.

VORSHEER

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I'm not on IG, just so you are aware! I went to your website and saw all 2 trailers and several renderings.
I asked for pictures of your welds, so show me some up close trailer welds and some of your aluminum welds.
Roof meets side of cabin,what do you use to seal it? Just the angle trim?
I also asked for pics of what seals the galley hatch? Top, side edge & bottom.
Good to know! We are going to have an IG feed on our new website starting July 1, so you'll be able to see our latest content without an IG.
Here are some pictures of welds out in the shop right now. Couldn't get photos of many steel welds, since the frame is mostly just tacked up right now, but I got what I could.
View attachment DSC_0010.jpeg View attachment DSC_0016.jpeg View attachment DSC_0027.jpeg
We use a marine grade epoxy system during body assembly to help weather proof, then install trim and other water sealing joints with 100% silicone.
We're a little hesitant to share pictures of our methods to seal the hatch since that has been an area of interest for other manufacturers out there. Hopefully you understand that some things we just have to keep to ourselves! I can tell you a bit about it though. We use a combination of seals in the appropriate spots and a gutter system (similar to the trunk of a car) that diverts any water outside of the trailer. We have 5 trailers out in the state of Utah and in the past three-ish weeks there has been torrential rain storms and no customers have had issues. We also have done extensive testing using high pressure water on areas that are usually susceptible to leaks, such as the galley hatch as you mentioned, and had no issues with water leaking in. Between all of our team members we have many years of experience keeping these hatches sealed, so we know what works and what doesn't.

Edit: Fixed bad links on photos

Last edited:

VORSHEER

Also, we'd like to clarify on our verbiage of buying the bank loan. By that we mean we purchased Moby1's minimal assets that the bank had seized in the foreclosure of Moby1.

VORSHEER

What is the current process for ordering a trailer? Amount of deposit required and length of time to build?
Well, first things first, you'd head to our website www.vorsheer.com and look over the options and our packages. You can then contact us through our website or give us a call at 385-685-5037 and we can answer any questions you have and help you build out your package. Once you've done that, we will send you the build sheet we filled out based on the options you selected. If you are happy with everything, you pay us your deposit and we order your parts. If you decide to look elsewhere, then no harm done.

For serious inquires, we offer references of our previous customers who have ordered XOCs (many of whom are former Moby1 customers that never got their trailer). In addition to those references, we have former Moby1 customers whose XTRs we have performed maintenance, upgrades, or repairs on. This is a good way to gauge what working with us is like and if it something you'd like to do.

We currently require a 50% deposit (yes, many people won't like that, we know). However, we do accept credit cards through PayPal (another way we differ from Moby1). A lot of people like this option since it offers some type of protection. The only downside to that is you'd have to pay the processing fee for the transaction. Our current lead time is 30 days.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Do you plan to build and have on-site ready for sale inventory trailers or are your plans to continue to be a custom order only trailer build company?

VORSHEER

Do you plan to build and have on-site ready for sale inventory trailers or are your plans to continue to be a custom order only trailer build company?
It's definitely in the plans down the road! We're working towards having a minimum of two of each model (we have a few additional trailer models in development) as ready to purchase inventory. But until then we are manufacturing using our current process above.

Last edited:

OverlandNA

However, we do accept credit cards through PayPal (another way we differ from Moby1). A lot of people like this option since it offers some type of protection. The only downside to that is you'd have to pay the processing fee for the transaction.
What’s not covered with PayPal Purchase Protection

• Real estate
  • Motorized vehicles
  • Custom-made goods that are significantly not as described
  • Industrial machinery
  • Prepaid cards
  • Items that violate our policies
  • Anything bought in person (not over the internet)
  • Send Money transactions to friends or family
  • Disputes filed more than 180 days after the purchase for item not received and significantly not as described claims
  • Unauthorized transaction claims reported more than 60 days after the transaction date of the transaction
  • Items that were described accurately by the seller

Reactions: opp

VORSHEER

What’s not covered with PayPal Purchase Protection

• Real estate
  • Motorized vehicles
  • Custom-made goods that are significantly not as described
  • Industrial machinery
  • Prepaid cards
  • Items that violate our policies
  • Anything bought in person (not over the internet)
  • Send Money transactions to friends or family
  • Disputes filed more than 180 days after the purchase for item not received and significantly not as described claims
  • Unauthorized transaction claims reported more than 60 days after the transaction date of the transaction
  • Items that were described accurately by the seller
I don’t see how that would apply since our goods are as described on our website and the build sheet the customer signs off on.

Either way, this payment option has been made available due to requests made by customers. We assume they want it because it benefits them in some type of way, whether that be protection through the card, the company managing the card, or PayPal itself.

OverlandNA

I don’t see how that would apply since our goods are as described on our website and the build sheet the customer signs off on.
That allows Paypal to bow out of a dispute.
Maybe you prefer this one "Anything bought in person (not over the internet)" seeing how there isn't a way to checkout a trailer on your site.

What kind of warranty do your trailers come with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles