VORSHEER - Introducing Ourselves

mjhuberjr

Hello everyone,

I started this post a few times and each time it got fairly lengthy. It seems some people just like to troll and only read bits and pieces of a post. Luckily it appears that person was put in timeout.

A few quick things to put out there. I gave Moby1 a good chunk of money. I didn't get any of that money back. I built a website to warn others about Moby1. www.moby1trailersutah.com. It's been a while since I've added anything, but hopefully after my vacation I will add my complete story along with how I got involved with Steve and Vorsheer.

So that brings us to Vorsheer. I received Vorsheer's first trailer. I received it in about 6 weeks. That's incredible for their first trailer.

I'd like to talk about the process I had and continue to have with Vorsheer. Their customer service is amazing. Steve is a great guy, he claims to not be much of a talker, but when it comes to fabrication and the trailers they are building, well he has quite a bit to say, which is a great thing. He's clearly passionate about what he does and extremely knowledgeable. It's definitely a comforting feeling. He's also a man of responsibility. It was never "Oh well John Smith knows about that stuff he'll figure it out." It was "Let's open up the CAD drawings and see what we are working with."

Everyone can point fingers and make all these accusations about Vorsheer being Moby1, but for anyone who has gone through the process with Moby1 knows, it was crap. Just an initial phone call with Vorsheer will show you how different of an experience it is. That being said. For the trolls and doubters, instead of bashing them on the internet, give them a call. Have a discussion with them. Heck if you are in Utah visit their shop. They have always been completely open with me and from what I hear from others very open with them as well.

My experience with Vorsheer I imagine is slightly different from most. They were still making some tweaks and changes as they were building my trailer. On a weekly basis I met with Steve and we would go over the CAD designs and what he was thinking for the storage boxes along with the rear tire mount. During production he would send me photos of progress. He would always invite my wife and me down to the shop to show progress. He would call with updates.

You can read into it how you want, but to me that sounds like a team that is passionate, they are excited to show off their work. The are also customer obsessed, wanting to do write by the person they are building for. They are always looking for suggestions on how to improve. Early in the process I mentioned to him that my wife and I have four dogs. Vorsheer built us a removable folding dog ramp so the dogs can get into the galley easily.

We've had our trailer for 7 months now, we love it. We use it whenever we can. Vorsheer continues to provide excellent customer service. Steve continues to reach out to me to make sure I'm not having issues and to see if there's anything I need. The team has also come through when I was about to go on a trip and screwed up by not keeping the batteries charged during the winter. They had me come in first thing in the morning on our way to our trip and replaced the batteries and did a look over to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the electrical. Joe from Vorsheer also spent time on the phone with me the night before troubleshooting the issue.

I can't recommend Vorsheer enough. Their customer service is amazing as well as their trailers, the production quality and the care they put into the trailer shows. They have a lot of passion for what they do and work their butts off.

bglenden

For those that are curious, we'll post a render we did of one of our new trailers that is currently in development:

View attachment 525023

[...]

I love this form factor - I think it hits the sweet spot between being very Off-Road worthy, ready to go, and letting your truck conveniently be a daily driver. But price will be important - the existing examples of this form factor are just too darn expensive in my view.

VORSHEER

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give another update on all things VORSHEER. We have launched our new website and have another trailer going out on Saturday the 20th. Some new additions to the site:
  • The VORSHEER Armadillo: A new trailer from VORSHEER, posted earlier in this thread. Starting at $9,999, it's a lightweight, all aluminum with a steel frame design and has a full kitchen, hot water, tons of space for gear, and more! Check it out here.
  • The VORSHEER Road Tourer (VRT): A new trailer from VORSHEER. Starting at $7,499, it is extremely light weight, it is meant for motorcycles or other vehicles with very limited tow capabilities. Featuring a 48" wide bed, ample storage space, aluminum frame, and more! Check it out here.
  • A blog: We will post production updates, general fabricating tips, general trailer knowledge, knowledge specific to our trailers, and other things great info for those interested in offroad trailers and learning more about them. Join our website to become a member and comment on our blog posts. Check it out here.
  • New Trailer Details Page: We made a new options page for our trailers. Currently only the XOC has this page, but the Armadillo and VRT will in the coming months as they enter into production. It's easier to view and navigate. Check it out here.
  • Mailing List: We are super excited to introduce a mailing list to our website. You can subscribe to get notifications about new developments, sales, new products, etc. Subscribe at the top of the home page.
We have also done a general redesign to make it more appealing, and added our contact info to the top of the page. We are hoping that with that info up there, our blog, and our mailing list, we can maintain even better contact with all those who are interested in our products or company. All of these are the main features of our new website. We hope it is easier for everyone to navigate and use. If you notice any dead links, misspellings, or other similar things, please let us know. Thanks!

shade

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give another update on all things VORSHEER. We have launched our new website and have another trailer going out on Saturday the 20th. Some new additions to the site:
  • The VORSHEER Armadillo: A new trailer from VORSHEER, posted earlier in this thread. Starting at $9,999, it's a lightweight, all aluminum with a steel frame design and has a full kitchen, hot water, tons of space for gear, and more! Check it out here.
  • The VORSHEER Road Tourer (VRT): A new trailer from VORSHEER. Starting at $7,499, it is extremely light weight, it is meant for motorcycles or other vehicles with very limited tow capabilities. Featuring a 48" wide bed, ample storage space, aluminum frame, and more! Check it out here.
  • A blog: We will post production updates, general fabricating tips, general trailer knowledge, knowledge specific to our trailers, and other things great info for those interested in offroad trailers and learning more about them. Join our website to become a member and comment on our blog posts. Check it out here.
  • New Trailer Details Page: We made a new options page for our trailers. Currently only the XOC has this page, but the Armadillo and VRT will in the coming months as they enter into production. It's easier to view and navigate. Check it out here.
  • Mailing List: We are super excited to introduce a mailing list to our website. You can subscribe to get notifications about new developments, sales, new products, etc. Subscribe at the top of the home page.
We have also done a general redesign to make it more appealing, and added our contact info to the top of the page. We are hoping that with that info up there, our blog, and our mailing list, we can maintain even better contact with all those who are interested in our products or company. All of these are the main features of our new website. We hope it is easier for everyone to navigate and use. If you notice any dead links, misspellings, or other similar things, please let us know. Thanks!
Good looking site. Everything I tried seems to work.

If you're using renders of the Armadillo & VRT until you can get some proper photos up, I think you should label them as such.

Will you sell items from your Options pages separately? I can see someone wanting one of your tongue boxes or some other item, even if it's not for their VORSHEER trailer.

On the Battery Box, I suspect people will want the specific battery & charger brands/models, as well as details on the switchgear, fuses, etc. The same goes for solar, heaters, stoves, etc. You already have a good start for an overview of those packages, but I think you'll be answering the same questions over & over unless you provide more information on the website.

VORSHEER

Good looking site. Everything I tried seems to work.

If you're using renders of the Armadillo & VRT until you can get some proper photos up, I think you should label them as such.

Will you sell items from your Options pages separately? I can see someone wanting one of your tongue boxes or some other item, even if it's not for their VORSHEER trailer.

On the Battery Box, I suspect people will want the specific battery & charger brands/models, as well as details on the switchgear, fuses, etc. The same goes for solar, heaters, stoves, etc. You already have a good start for an overview of those packages, but I think you'll be answering the same questions over & over unless you provide more information on the website.
Thanks for the feedback! We'll were on getting those changes made and publish when we are able to.

Depending on the option, it's a possibility. Boxes and other in house items are exclusive to our brand for the time being. This hasn't been discussed in great detail by us here at VORSHEER, but it's something we can get on our list.

VORSHEER

Hey Everyone,

Our newest trailer went out on Saturday. It has a more traditional shape that many of you may be familiar with. We had a lot of people asking about a round-body option, so we have added it to our lineup of available trailers. It has the exact same features as the XOC (minus the hatch rack and MOLLE panel), but with a more traditional, rounded body. We are calling it the XOC-R (Extreme Overland Camper - Round). For those of you that are interested, you can head to our website at www.vorsheer.com/xoc-r to view the details on this newest camper. Here are some photos from the customer pick up on Saturday.

file-7.jpeg XOC-R Nelson Send Off_Moment.jpg DSC_0111-min-min.png

It was great being able to get Drew and his wife Allyson their trailer. They took it to Zion National Park the day they picked up before heading back to California. Drew has been on this thread, so if anyone has any questions for him about his trailer or experience working with us, I am sure he'd be more than happy to answer them if you sent him a PM. Congrats on the new trailer Drew and Allyson!

VORSHEER

Great news! We no longer need a sizable down payment to start building your trailer (just $1500 to lock in your spot in line). Also, our wait time is currently among the best around. We can have your trailer built in as little as 3 weeks. So, if you’ve wanted to get an XOC, XOC-R, Armadillo, or VRT with a custom package (or know a friend who would like to join in your adventures), now is a great time to get that started. Contact me today, David at 385-685-5037 or davidr@vorsheer.com.

- David R.

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
Do you guys do truly ground-up custom work, very different from the usual units you produce?

Aluminum chassis / framing?

Engineering design assistance? What CAD do you use in house?

VORSHEER

Do you guys do truly ground-up custom work, very different from the usual units you produce?

Aluminum chassis / framing?

Engineering design assistance? What CAD do you use in house?
Hey John, keep in mind, our new $1,500 deposit amount applies only to XOCs, XOC-Rs, Armadillos and VRTs. The previous post may have caused some confusion in the verbiage of it, so I have edited it to clarify a bit more.

We can do custom trailers if desired. A custom trailer (non-XOC, XOC-R, Armadillo, or VRT) will require a 50% deposit of the total bid amount, with another 25% half way through the build. The remaining 25% will be paid upon pickup. This is due to the fact that is a 100% custom unit and is built to your wants and needs. If the buyer of such a unit backed out at the last second, we would likely have a hard time selling 100% custom unit.

We do use a CAD program for design. We run SOLIDWORKS 2018 and have the capability to fully design our products before ever building them. This ensures everything goes smoothly during the manufacturing process. If you don't have technical drawings of the trailer you would like build, we can help design it for you. This option varies on price depending on the complexity of your trailer.

As with all custom work, it's hard to be specific on pricing when we don't know the details. Feel free to give us a call at 385-685-5037, Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM and we can dive a bit more into specifics and get you some rough pricing working out to see if this is something you would like to continue with. Any other questions just let us know.

- Davin M.

john61ct

Adventurer
Thanks, sounds promising. And was aluminum a yes?

My ideas most would consider outlandish even impractical, and are currently very scattered.

I'd like to have things pretty well designed for at least the key dimensions and weight specs, leaving only the specific materials specs rough for the builder to help finalise.

I may start a thread here (or elsewhere, other suggestions welcome) trying to refine my thinking a bit, back-and-forth crowd-sourcing ideas.

VORSHEER

Thanks, sounds promising. And was aluminum a yes?

My ideas most would consider outlandish even impractical, and are currently very scattered.

I'd like to have things pretty well designed for at least the key dimensions and weight specs, leaving only the specific materials specs rough for the builder to help finalise.

I may start a thread here (or elsewhere, other suggestions welcome) trying to refine my thinking a bit, back-and-forth crowd-sourcing ideas.
Aluminum is a yes. We primarily work with aluminum in our fabrication shop.

If you have any questions let us know! We are pretty creative when it comes to solving problems and making things work.

- Davin M.

jeepers29

Great news! We no longer need a sizable down payment to start building your trailer (just $1500 to lock in your spot in line). Also, our wait time is currently among the best around. We can have your trailer built in as little as 3 weeks. So, if you’ve wanted to get an XOC, XOC-R, Armadillo, or VRT with a custom package (or know a friend who would like to join in your adventures), now is a great time to get that started. Contact me today, David at 385-685-5037 or davidr@vorsheer.com.

- David R.
I went to your website to check out the armadillo. Is there a way to build one on your site with options or do I have to call to get a price?

VORSHEER

I went to your website to check out the armadillo. Is there a way to build one on your site with options or do I have to call to get a price?
Unfortunately that isn't an option on our site yet. Hopefully in the coming months it will be when we have the resources to implement it!

You can contact David and he will help you out. Email or phone works. His email is davidr@vorsheer.com or you can call him directly at 385-685-5091. The Armadillo is in the final stages of development. The first two prototypes will be going into production next week and we should have them finished rather quickly. We are getting the final pricing together in the next couple days, so there may be a delay in when you request your build sheet vs when we get it to you. Just wanted to give you a heads up! We can discuss this more over the phone if you have questions.

- Davin M.

VORSHEER

Hey Everyone!

Happy Hump Day! We just wanted to announce that we are excited to be announcing a 10% discount to those with Military/Veteran status. It's super easy to take advantage of this discount when ordering a trailer, all you need to do is provide a DD214 or a copy of your latest LES for us to verify your credentials. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this new discount, just let us know!

- Davin M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles