VORSHEER - Introducing Ourselves

jwiereng

I am interested in the “rolled frame” mentioned by OP.

Please discribe what you mean by “rolled”.

Photos please.

shade

Photos please.
From the shape of the camper, I'm guessing they're referring to forming the tubing, which would eliminate some welds.

I'd like to see photos of the shop, production underway, etc.

sn_85

Observer
Quoted quite well.

I was making a joke about taking pre-orders and the like. If that wasn't apparent, my apologies.
As I said, I have nothing to do with this company. I'm not interested in any trailer of any kind.

I like to see vendors succeed in this industry, and I'd like to see VORSHEER respond to allegations that they're just a retread of failed companies that left their customers with a lost deposit and broken promises. This company may not be another failure in the making, and any association between V and past companies may be unfortunate, at worst. I don't know, and it'd be unfair to assume they're bad folks without more to go on, IMO. If it turns out that the same guys are running this company, buyer beware. If VORSHEER dodges questions about its connections, buyer beware. Pretty simple.

People that have been around probably know the suspension company I mentioned earlier. That company rebounded from some truly bad times, and has moved on to become successful. The people that made it happen put the wrongdoing of others behind them, and built a new company. Something like that may or may not be in play here.

If you or others have specific questions for VORSHEER, this seems like a great place to ask them. I'm only a tourist when it comes to this, but I find it interesting to watch the show.

I actually pressed Vorsheer about this on IG when they first started an account and posted their trailers up. The trailers looked so much alike and their address was the same that I asked them if there was any, ANY association between the defunct Moby1 and Vorsheer and they flat out said there was no relation at all. None. When asked about certain design similarities they stated that it's a very common design and many companies use the same design, which is pure BS and insulting enough since there are very unique things about the Moby1 and Vorsheer trailers that I haven't seen on other trailers. Then more things come out on here on the Moby1 thread and they finally admitted Vorsheer was formed by former Moby1 employees. Someone called them out on that on IG and they finally said that they wanted to distance themselves from Moby1. So to cover up their previous connection (I won't say relationship) with Moby1 they'd rather lie to me when I asked them a direct question. So yeah they've already dodged the question that everyone wants to know about.

It's going to be a HELL of an uphill battle for them. I'm not even sure if I want them to succeed at this point because I could really care less, I will never buy one of their trailers. There is absolutely no way in hell knowing what we all know that I'd be willing to put up any of my money for their trailer. No deposits, no pre-order, no build or wait times. The only way I'd do business with this company is if I gave them money for a trailer right on the lot, even then I wouldn't want to give them a dime. There are other companies out there that have great trailers and stellar reputations without the cloud of controversy that Vorsheer has hanging over it.

Even if this is a new company under new owners with good intentions I think any potential buyer should be informed and know the history. Buyer beware before you drop 10's of thousands of dollars on a deposit for a trailer. Would take some big cajones to do so.

opp

Observer
There the same people so arrogant they will do the same again .Rip off a $ 100 from a store jail 5 years rip off $350,000 + file Ch 7 walk free . To do it again The same thing Inka Outdoors has done

Last edited:

VORSHEER

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I'd love to see the other trailers you have built, pics of your welds & pics of how you seal the corners of the main box and galley lid.
Here ya go! These are some photos of a few of the other trailers we have done. They can all be found on our IG, just so you are aware!
What welds were you hoping to see pictures of? We weld steel and aluminum in our shop. Could you also clarify what you mean when you refer to the corners of out main box and galley lid?

Attachments

• IMG_4425.PNG
    IMG_4425.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 47

VORSHEER

Photos please.
Hey jwiereng, when we say "rolled" we mean just that. Instead of the square tube being straight up and down and perpendicular with the ground, the outer walls of the frame are rolled at an angle to give it a cool look. It's hard to explain, but we have a video on our YouTube channel that shows it pretty well. It's only about a minute long, so check it out if you'd like.

VORSHEER

I'd like to see photos of the shop, production underway, etc.

Here ya go! The lights are on in this shop after they were off for a long five months. From left to right, we have two trailer bodies in production (one on the left is sold and being delivered later this week, one on the right isn't sold yet but we are building it up anyway so it can be available in about three weeks), the middle is our aluminum working area (some box parts are on the closest table ready to be welded, should be getting to that today), and last is a frame we are wrapping up for the powder coaters to take to them tomorrow.

521251 521252 521253

I tried to upload a panoramic of the shop so you could see the big picture, but unfortunately the picture was too big (how ironic).

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
Who going to do business with some that just rip him off,, lied Never moved. Showing there new trailer before the rip off then post it was built after the rip-off posted 100 of lies after the rip off With CH7 bankrupts no none bank loans would be left. They keep forgetting the new paper trail

Your critique would carry more weight if you followed proper written English form.

As it stands, I just read a incoherent rambling of an uneducated individual.

I’m not saying what you’re trying to convey is unwarranted, but when you present your thoughts in a proper form, it’s harder to go unnoticed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VORSHEER

I actually pressed Vorsheer about this on IG when they first started an account and posted their trailers up. The trailers looked so much alike and their address was the same that I asked them if there was any, ANY association between the defunct Moby1 and Vorsheer and they flat out said there was no relation at all. None. When asked about certain design similarities they stated that it's a very common design and many companies use the same design, which is pure BS and insulting enough since there are very unique things about the Moby1 and Vorsheer trailers that I haven't seen on other trailers. Then more things come out on here on the Moby1 thread and they finally admitted Vorsheer was formed by former Moby1 employees. Someone called them out on that on IG and they finally said that they wanted to distance themselves from Moby1. So to cover up their previous connection (I won't say relationship) with Moby1 they'd rather lie to me when I asked them a direct question. So yeah they've already dodged the question that everyone wants to know about.

It's going to be a HELL of an uphill battle for them. I'm not even sure if I want them to succeed at this point because I could really care less, I will never buy one of their trailers. There is absolutely no way in hell knowing what we all know that I'd be willing to put up any of my money for their trailer. No deposits, no pre-order, no build or wait times. The only way I'd do business with this company is if I gave them money for a trailer right on the lot, even then I wouldn't want to give them a dime. There are other companies out there that have great trailers and stellar reputations without the cloud of controversy that Vorsheer has hanging over it.

Even if this is a new company under new owners with good intentions I think any potential buyer should be informed and know the history. Buyer beware before you drop 10's of thousands of dollars on a deposit for a trailer. Would take some big cajones to do so.

Hello sn_85! Ah, one of the elephants in the room. We remember this! The comments are actually still up on our IG page if anyone wants to view them in their full context. We did attempt to deny any relation to Moby1 for a minute there. When we first got on the ExPo forum, we stated that we were former Moby1 employees, as you mentioned in your reply. This caused a lot of backlash on our end, and a lot of people took the attitude that we were guilty by association with Moby1. Unfortunately, most the comments on our original thread here have been deleted by ExPo since we were not an approved vendor at the time. From then on, we thought it would be better if we didn't have any connection to Moby1 (this is the point of time that we interacted on IG) in an attempt to avoid the "guilt by association" ordeal. Every single one of us here at VORSHEER regrets that move we made. As you stated in the IG conversation we had, it just made us look sketchy and untrustworthy.

So, long story short, we messed up. We are four guys who know the shop and how to build, but online marketing and social media are not our forte. We made a big mistake that didn't reflect well on us or our company, and we will admit that.- and we apologize for that. The only thing we can do from there is correct the issue and move forward. We are trying to be as transparent as possible to gain some trust as well as a good reputation in this industry. Hopefully our opening post reflected that by telling a bit of our history and how we came to be - including how we were connected to Moby1. It's definitely an uphill battle, but we're up for it and are doing everything we can to make it work. If you have any questions we can answer, let us know and we will do our best!

shade

Thanks for the response. I suggest hosting the pano on your site, as well as other production photos. If any of your personnel have certifications or specialized training, that would be good to know. For example, I'd feel better about buying an offroad trailer if I knew that the person that did the welding had an AWS certification.

I know you mentioned the origins of your company in your opening post, but do you have any more to add about connections to Moby1, and how your business plans to avoid conditions that led to the demise of Moby1?

Edit: I see you addressed some of that just now. Good! I don't know the details of the Moby1 meltdown, so someone else might be in a better position to ask specific questions, such as if the owners of Moby1 are in any way associated with VORSHEER, etc.

VORSHEER

There the same people so arrogant they will do the same again .Rip off a $ 100 from a store jail 5 years rip off $350,000 + file Ch 7 walk free . To do it again The same thing Inka Outdoors has done
Hey opp, I'm having a hard time figuring out what we can do to ease your concerns. I seem to remember you interacting with me (Davin) directly on Facebook but we never got a productive dialogue going. If you have some questions rather than assumptions, we'd be happy to answer them!

You did ask how we bought out the loan if Moby1 filed bankruptcy, and the answer to that is we bought the loan out a couple weeks before Moby1 (technically Ashley Grimes) filed bankruptcy. Your mind seems pretty set on the fact we are the same people as Moby1. The only thing I can point at to show you were not is our business license (which is under Sunshine McCloud) all of our email addresses (all ending with m for McCloud), and our reviews we've had on Facebook and Google. We have also managed to establish quite a good reputation in the Moby1 Owner's Group on Facebook, which is filled with Moby1 owner's and people who had a general interest in their campers. Quite a few Moby1 customers who paid Moby1 a deposit and never got their trailer have come to us and all gotten an XOC done and delivered as well.

If there is anything we can do to help you feel better about us and our company, we'd like to here your questions.

Edit: Thanks for the suggestion about sharing production photos. We do share that on our social media platforms. It is a good idea to get that same production feed going on our website, so we will look into that with our current redesign. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:

shade

Hey opp, I'm having a hard time figuring out what we can do to ease your concerns. I seem to remember you interacting with me (Davin) directly on Facebook but we never got a productive dialogue going. If you have some questions rather than assumptions, we'd be happy to answer them!

You did ask how we bought out the loan if Moby1 filed bankruptcy, and the answer to that is we bought the loan out a couple weeks before Moby1 (technically Ashley Grimes) filed bankruptcy. Your mind seems pretty set on the fact we are the same people as Moby1. The only thing I can point at to show you were not is our business license (which is under Sunshine McCloud) all of our email addresses (all ending with m for McCloud), and our reviews we've had on Facebook and Google. We have also managed to establish quite a good reputation in the Moby1 Owner's Group on Facebook, which is filled with Moby1 owner's and people who had a general interest in their campers. Quite a few Moby1 customers who paid Moby1 a deposit and never got their trailer have come to us and all gotten an XOC done and delivered as well.

If there is anything we can do to help you feel better about us and our company, we'd like to here your questions.
That's a good start.

The Artisan

Adventurer
After reading through the thread and past issues with Mobey. I think the fact they are not accepting deposits and you can look at the end product and say yay or nay says a lot, imo.
Kevin

VORSHEER

Thanks for the response. I suggest hosting the pano on your site, as well as other production photos. If any of your personnel have certifications or specialized training, that would be good to know. For example, I'd feel better about buying an offroad trailer if I knew that the person that did the welding had an AWS certification.

I know you mentioned the origins of your company in your opening post, but do you have any more to add about connections to Moby1, and how your business plans to avoid conditions that led to the demise of Moby1?

Edit: I see you addressed some of that just now. Good! I don't know the details of the Moby1 meltdown, so someone else might be in a better position to ask specific questions, such as if the owners of Moby1 are in any way associated with VORSHEER, etc.
We welcome the hard questions, as much as we dislike them. To answer your offhand question, no, the owner of Moby1 are not involved with VORSHEER at all. It's owned and operated by the McCloud family, which consists of myself (Davin), Steve (my dad), Sunshine (my mom), Joe (my uncle) and Don (my grandpa).

You also asked how we plan to avoid the conditions Moby1 fell into, and it's actually a really simple answer: buy parts. The bankruptcy records for the owners of Moby1 made it clear that they weren't spending money on trailers and the shop as they should have been. It came out that they had 30-something trailers on their wait list (each of whom gave 50% down) yet had no parts to build said trailers in their shop, and no money to buy those parts or make payroll at the time they closed.

We already have a trailer being built with no owner and no current wait list. To me personally, that is a HUGE deal and shows that we are investing our money where we should be - back into the company.

VORSHEER

After reading through the thread and past issues with Mobey. I think the fact they are not accepting deposits and you can look at the end product and say yay or nay says a lot, imo.
Kevin
Just to clarify since we don't want any misinformation out there, we currently do require deposits. We are working a couple different avenues right now to eliminate that requirement, but for now it is required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles