Volvo xc90 build.

Some I'm going to take my xc90 and turn it into my camp/overland vehicle. It is extremely Spaceish inside. I'll have pictures to follow for the inside tomorrow. I'm going to source a 2 inch lift for it and run 30 to 31 inch tires and beefer axles possibly off the xc70. I'm not planning to hit extremely hard trails with it as I also have a jeep that I crawl with. This is just going to be me and my fiancees camp rig and light exploration rig. I hope you guys enjoy this build. Also if you enjoy turbo vehicles boost controllers and turbo gauges/ turbo related stuff stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Here's the outside.
3e0d62351d5d6a98091be524cbb929cf.jpg
6ced2f1f9ca2478b01575c256951825c.jpg
599ded887ab808679cee46315564690e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

BAM298

Interested to see what you come up with, I wheel my saab with a lift kit and 31's, does fine 99% of the time.

Lajning

Observer
Nice car, wish you all luck with your project. You might want to look elsewhere for your driveshafts however. The XC90 is based on the P2 platform and shares driveline components with the xc70 making them equally ************.

wrow

This is great. I also have an XC90 I plan to turn in to a camper early next year. Subscribed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XCvagn

Although I’m new to the Portal we’ve been active in our local overland scene for a few years although less so as kids have gotten into more activities.

My apologies if resurrecting an old thread is taboo but I’m curious to see if there’s been any activity offline/behind the scenes. We’ve been enjoying our XC90 lots and way off the beaten path. While essentially stock except for downsized to 18” wheels to put on General Grabber AT2 (255/55x18), added a Thule Canyon XT roof basket and fabbed some basic mount plates to be able to carry two full size spares and 2 20L Jerry cans, and an ICom ID-880H which served us well on our YK, AK, and NT adventure a few years ago. Last year I surreptitiously finally installed (primarily my wife’s DD) Volvo’s Aux Light hardware with VisionX 4.7” canons.

It’s been great at safely and comfortably (we're 5) taking us over rough and far flung terrain - mud, snow, sand, bog (semi thawed permafrost), rock, rivers, etc. - and it has impressed our overland friends in more traditionally rugged rigs (Landcruisers, Monteros, Tacomas, Rovers, Jeeps). We've even embarrassed Jeeps and lifted trucks on a number of occasions. We’ve enjoyed the adventures it has allowed us to undertake so much so we added a XC90 T8 which is still in new condition and will slowly undergo its own transformation.

Attachments

• IMG_4262.jpeg
    IMG_4262.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7929.jpeg
    IMG_7929.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0717.jpeg
    IMG_0717.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1789 (1).jpeg
    IMG_1789 (1).jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2912.jpeg
    IMG_2912.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9460.jpeg
    IMG_9460.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 73

Calcifer

Although I’m new to the Portal we’ve been active in our local overland scene for a few years although less so as kids have gotten into more activities.

My apologies if resurrecting an old thread is taboo but I’m curious to see if there’s been any activity offline/behind the scenes. We’ve been enjoying our XC90 lots and way off the beaten path. While essentially stock except for downsized to 18” wheels to put on General Grabber AT2 (255/55x18), added a Thule Canyon XT roof basket and fabbed some basic mount plates to be able to carry two full size spares and 2 20L Jerry cans, and an ICom ID-880H which served us well on our YK, AK, and NT adventure a few years ago. Last year I surreptitiously finally installed (primarily my wife’s DD) Volvo’s Aux Light hardware with VisionX 4.7” canons.

It’s been great at safely and comfortably (we're 5) taking us over rough and far flung terrain - mud, snow, sand, bog (semi thawed permafrost), rock, rivers, etc. - and it has impressed our overland friends in more traditionally rugged rigs (Landcruisers, Monteros, Tacomas, Rovers, Jeeps). We've even embarrassed Jeeps and lifted trucks on a number of occasions. We’ve enjoyed the adventures it has allowed us to undertake so much so we added a XC90 T8 which is still in new condition and will slowly undergo its own transformation.

I love seeing this. Your rig falls in the same category as the VW Touarag when it comes to the overlanding and off-roading scene. Highly capable and underrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles