Volcano Grill to propane campfire?

Anyone use a Volcano grill for a propane campfire during burn bans? Theoretically, wouldn't it be possible (assuming you have the propane attachment) to just add some ceramic logs?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Plenty of folks use the campfire in a can type products, so sure. Pretty much anything that has an ON/OFF switch is fine to use.

I just wonder if it would be worthwhile, the grill is designed to contain the heat and direct it up. the burner probably is designed for a more efficient flame, while the pictures of the propane campfires I've seen look like they are more classic fire yellow (oxygen starved)

robgendreau

Explorer
The burners are usually different. Something that can burn for grilling or cooking often has a completely different pattern than what you want for a campfire effect, with long flames. And there's the issue of burning propane at a really fast clip. So yeah, that's why you see those rich yellow flames, which can also be a bit sooty. You might be able to modify one; report back if you find something cuz I'm curious about it too. I've seen some small ones, even for the table top. But all seem to use a lot of fuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94