Vintage Trailer Works - XTR vs XTR XL

Chorky

Observer
As the title suggests I'm curious of input on either of these trailers. After looking around a while this seems to be a good option to consider for my particular desires. They all seem to be built about the same. Question is if anyone can provide input on the interior size difference between the XTR and XTR XL (numbers on the website don't seem to match). I would like to be able to sit in comfortably on a small camp chair (back issues) but don't necessarily need to stand inside.. The XL also seems like it would be more conducive to rainy weather with a door style hatch that can use a rear awning vs the XTR teardrop style - it just seems to want to introduce water. The company also seems to be willing to customize layout/rear galley/storage shelves within reason pretty easily.

Chorky

Observer
XTR

XTR - XL

billiebob

XTR

XTR - XL
Must admit, at $12K the XTR XL is quite affordable.
And at $8800 the XTR is a bargain.

The axles look way to far back tho, I would like to see what the tongue weight is fully loaded.

Last edited:

Chorky

Observer
From the photos, you won't be sitting in a camp chair in the XTR, the XTR XL.... maybe but I think you'd need full mobility to do it.
XRT 44" inside height. XRT XL 56" inside height.

Yes the inside heights seem right, however, the outside overall heights dont seem to match up, which makes me question...most likely the current outside overall height is assuming the XTR 44'' interior height I would assume...
If you're looking for an off-road trailer, I'd look elsewhere.
Well it depends on a persons opinion on 'off road' I think. My days of trails and lockers and things are over. Off road in the sense of FS roads is more likely

Must admit, at $12K the XTR XL is quite affordable.
And at $8800 the XTR is a bargain.

The axles look way to far back tho, I would like to see what the tongue weight is fully loaded.

My thoughts exactly. All the other options seem so freaking over priced it's insane. i would be curious to see profit margins, especially when you see a teardrop, like Moby1, going for a base price of 35K. I bet the owner could build 5 of them and live for the rest of the year free quite comfortably. At a base of 8K, most likely it would result more to 15K end price, but singificantly more reasonable, and build quality seems to be pretty darn good from what I can tell. But that's why Im asking for input.

Chorky

Observer
I saw your Golden Eagle, heres one for sale in Kelowna BC, asking $18K with a V8.

I love my GE. But considering a frame extension with a stroker and some other goodies to make it more realistic for my needs.

Bump to see if anyone else wants to chime in on the vintage trailer works XTR or XTR XL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier