[Video] Old Dale Mining District - The Journey To Gold Rose Mine

AlexanderAF

In 1956, my dad and uncle were 6 and 8 years old and lived, and worked at Gold Rose Mine with their father. I followed my dad and uncle to my grandpa's old gold mine from 60 years ago. I hope you enjoy!

upndown

Adventurer
Beautiful video! What a treat to be able to spend that time with your Father and Uncle in a place that obviously holds so many fond memories for them. Thank you for sharing an awesome part of your family history!

AlexanderAF

Thanks for the great feedback! The biggest thing I wonder when I've finished a video is if it's going to be relevant to others or just myself. It was great to spend time with my dad and uncle out there. Since I've been in the Air Force over the past ten years, I really only see them once or twice a year. It definitely was worth it.

1MK

ExploreDesert
Absolutely amazing. One of my favorite things to do is research desert & mining history and visit the places during my off-road trips. To see a video and pictures of family history at one of these sites that I've been to is way too cool!

We were there earlier this year, and have plans to return the end of October. This is my trip report that mentions the area. Old Dale mining district.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together, it's been a great watch.

Smksignals

Explorer
Thanks for the great feedback! The biggest thing I wonder when I've finished a video is if it's going to be relevant to others or just myself. It was great to spend time with my dad and uncle out there. Since I've been in the Air Force over the past ten years, I really only see them once or twice a year. It definitely was worth it.

Thank you for sharing your family's story and history of the area. A buddy and I stayed there a few years back exploring Joshua Tree & The Old Dale Mining District

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles