VIDEO: 1972 Pinzgauer 710M built for Search and Rescue

GadgetPhreak

Observer
Hey gang,

I have a 1972 Pinzgauer 710M that I have been building over the last 3yrs for Search and Rescue as well as for exploring and camping (some of you might remember it from Overland Expo West last year, I won the Cool Ride Contest.. I wasn't able to make it down this year due to work..). Last winter a local company who makes automotive documentary's got ahold of me and asked if they could make a video about the Pinzgauer and it's use in SAR. The video just came out so I thought I'd share it. I am blown away by their abilities as story tellers and the quality of footage they were able to capture and combine into the final video.

It was a blast making it and I hope you enjoy:
If you'd like to follow along on my adventures you can follow me at http://facebook.com/sarpinz or at http://instagram.com/sarpinz.

Keep the rubber side down,
Ben

Fugly

Adventurer
Thanks for posting the vid....
Awesome little rig....
We don't see many of the Pinz this side of the pond.....

Cheers Fugly.

GadgetPhreak

Observer
Thanks for posting the vid....
Awesome little rig....
We don't see many of the Pinz this side of the pond.....

Cheers Fugly.

It's a great rig. I use a 4dr Jeep Wrangler for the first 7yrs I did Search and Rescue and ha eased the Pinz for the last 3. It's infinitely more capable..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caugdahl

That is a great rig! I am looking at a Pinz for a very similar application. General expedition vehicle, emergency medical response for domestic emergencies, SAR. How would you rate its reliability? Does it start up and go when needed in remote locations... if regular maintenance is kept up? I love nearly aspect of the truck. So if it is reliable enough... then it is a go! Thank you for your thoughts.

GadgetPhreak

Observer
It has been incredibly reliable and is very easy to work on (designed to be repaired by 19yr old Swiss boys in the mountains with a handful of tools).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moderndaynorseman

That is an awesome rig! I'm in a SAR group in my area and a lot of the plans for mods to my truck revolve around making it more capable for SAR missions, so it's cool to see your setup. Gives me a lot of ideas for mine, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94