Victron Energy: Alternator/Solar Charging - LFP Battery System

dreadlocks

I dont think its that smart yet, I notice my BMV is sharing SOC with the SmartSolar but its not doing anything with it AFIK.. would be nice to trigger float by the BMV auto calibrating at 100% or something..

shade

OT: I just stumbled across a GFC camper forum that's been around since August - https://forum.gofastcampers.com/

I'm tired of small companies with popular products failing to communicate with their customers. How hard is it to email a link to a forum to all of your customers? How about keeping people informed via the mail list they've subscribed to repeatedly? Maybe post a link to the forum on your website?

I'm sick of seeing companies posting FB/IG crap that's largely irrelevant and difficult to reference shortly after it's published, while completely ignoring their websites. I understand that individual responses are time consuming, so I'll cut them some slack on that front. I don't think it's asking much for companies to do a much better job sharing general information, though.

shade

I dont think its that smart yet, I notice my BMV is sharing SOC with the SmartSolar but its not doing anything with it AFIK.. would be nice to trigger float by the BMV auto calibrating at 100% or something..
Maybe they'll get to that in an update. If I can monitor SOC by cell on my phone, you'd think it wouldn't be too hard for them to get their products to do something useful with that information.

dreadlocks

Small Scale Shops are terrible at marketing, with high standards expected on customer side I try to cut em a lil slack..

You wanna know how I even found my trailer? I was googling images of "RV Garages" looking for inspiration for a garage I'm about to build, and I found an image of my camper.. RV with a Garage was the keyword, not toyhauler, its not even an RV for fucks sake.. dumbasses.. Its no wonder I got one of only a half dozen made pfft.

shade

Small Scale Shops are terrible at marketing, with high standards expected on customer side I try to cut em a lil slack..

You wanna know how I even found my trailer? I was googling images of "RV Garages" looking for inspiration for a garage I'm about to build, and I found an image of my camper.. RV with a Garage was the keyword, not toyhauler, its not even an RV for fucks sake.. dumbasses.. Its no wonder I got one of only a half dozen made pfft.
With that kind of SEO prominence, it's hard to believe InTech didn't do better with that line. :)

GFC has been great at marketing; it's their inability to broadcast news (other than through IG & FB) that sucks. I find that inexcusable when it's so easy to do in an online world, especially when they have hundreds of email addresses on file from their actual customers.

I've met the principals at GFC, and they're all smart, capable guys. Their employees are probably all doing what they think is right, but this comes across as some kind of weird blindspot. Broadcast important information - pretty simple. GFC has some limited recalls that may affect my camper, but I had to find out about them by seeing their official forum mentioned in a typically rude post somewhere I avoid, and then I had to search for the forum. Not a peep from the company to me, even after I contacted them about a problem that led to a redesigned part being issued; I was never notified about it.

Last edited:

shade

Bah, 1600VA MultPlus Inverter, perfect size for a couple LFP's (70A charge current!) and any Coffee Maker you can find.. even espresso machines.

but its 220v euro, booo
I found this interesting entry in the VictronConnect app. I need to find one of those.

Screenshot_2019-11-17-03-08-41.png

shade

I guess Victron isn't run by a bunch of prudes.

There are some other VE photos in other sections of her site. I don't recall seeing women in heels cleaning PV panels in any of their other literature, but I'm not complaining. Marianka works in Victron's marketing department, shooting calendars and other things, I'm sure.

Last edited:

luthj

Engineer In Residence
With lithium, if you've seen one LFP discharge curve, you have pretty much seen them all. Only the scale of the axis changes, any maybe the slope at the ends for higher/lower C rates.

shade

With lithium, if you've seen one LFP discharge curve, you have pretty much seen them all. Only the scale of the axis changes, any maybe the slope at the ends for higher/lower C rates.
Yeah, but ... that's kind of a cool tool. :)

I can't justify something like that, though. If I had many more batteries to maintain, maybe then.

shade

Hmmm ... something's missing from this thread.

Static
1574666121874.png
"I firmly believe that nothing can go wrong on a project if you're wearing one of those wrist things."

All better.

Last edited:

shade

Randall is hard to beat.

Scheduling an LTL delivery means picking an entire day to wait around for a truck to show up with your panel. Which it hasn't.

Maybe my Elon Musk Rage/Hate Thread idea will take off while I wait for the liftgate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles