Victron Blue Smart Charger (Not solar)

shade

I reached out to Victron customer support. Their current bluetooth AC chargers will be getting a firmware update early next year to support user-programmable charge parameters.
Very cool. From what I've seen, that's a rare capability that should sell some chargers for them.

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes, Sterling Power ProCharge Ultra and ProMariner Pronautic P series are the only ones I know of currently, outside the combi-inverter style units.

shade

Yes, Sterling Power ProCharge Ultra and ProMariner Pronautic P series are the only ones I know of currently, outside the combi-inverter style units.
There may be other options, but those twins are all I've found, too.

john61ct

Adventurer
Samlex makes a wide range of great products. Their charger SEC-1250UL is a good example.

But only see canned choices, not user custom tweaking.

Photobug

Just got done analyzing the Victron AC chargers and realized I like a lot of the features of their chargers, just don't like any of their chargers. If they could just mash all the features offered into one charger, i'd buy one.

The IP22 is only offered in 240v and is not IP enough anyways.

IP 65 only offered up to 15 amps

The IP 67 is plenty IP and has a 25A model, I just wished it had the cool cable accessories of the IP 65. My current NOCO charger has that universal cable setup and it is really cool. What I might do if I do get a Victron is put cut up a NOCO accessory and add the NOCO connector to a Victron charger.

hour

Observer
The IP 67 is plenty IP and has a 25A model, I just wished it had the cool cable accessories of the IP 65. My current NOCO charger has that universal cable setup and it is really cool. What I might do if I do get a Victron is put cut up a NOCO accessory and add the NOCO connector to a Victron charger.

I looked at pictures from distributors and it seems like the IP65 is weird plug->weird plug accessories, and the accessories are one pair of clamps and one pair of ring terminals. The IP67 is just ring terminals. So your options are straight out to ring terminals or weird plug.

Sounds like you could have a fun afternoon with a 10 pack of powerpoles and the proper crimp tool, or XT60, or any more enjoyable connector than those EC9 or 7 or whatever plugs. Build adapters galore or install $4 panel mount (ebay) powerpole panel mount circle dingalings on your peripherals.

My plan..

vcplan.jpg

shade

Sounds like you could have a fun afternoon with a 10 pack of powerpoles and the proper crimp tool, or XT60, or any more enjoyable connector than those EC9 or 7 or whatever plugs. Build adapters galore or install $4 panel mount (ebay) powerpole panel mount circle dingalings on your peripherals.

1571635678749.png

Photobug

I looked at pictures from distributors and it seems like the IP65 is weird plug->weird plug accessories, and the accessories are one pair of clamps and one pair of ring terminals. The IP67 is just ring terminals. So your options are straight out to ring terminals or weird plug.

Those weird plugs are actually pretty cool. The IP65 will come with a ring and clip attachments. Buy an extra set of rings and attach it to two separate batteries. Use the clips if you come up with a 3rd battery. It is very convenient. I would consider the IP65 if it had a higher amperage output.

I don't see why you would need to attach the charger to anything but a battery. If so, I would just add a powerpole to the weird connector if I needed an alternative way to attach the charger to something different.

hour

Observer
How do you like your tailgate escalator? I've never tried one.

Tell us more about those contraptions mounted to the sides of the bed.

Lol sorry, I google image'd that truck. I don't have those contraptions, and I have a camper shell on top. I do have the stair-in-tailgate thing and it's nice. I'm pretty tall but often find myself like 1/10th of an inch too short to scoot my ass on to the tailgate because of parking on slight inclines.

I guess I understand Photobug. Just like to roll my own stuff and having easy availability on Amazon is crucial. I'm not even in love with powerpoles, would prefer some jumbo variant of the classic 5.5x2.1 barrel jack. 8mm goal zero comes to mind but don't think those are quite jumbo enough when we're talking like 25+ amps

dreadlocks

Andersons are a love/hate relationship.. I ususally hate em until I love em.. went to go plug in my portable panel on first day out last week and noticed considerable corrosion on the plug.. sigh, damn thing is always hot and this is gonna happen if I'm not careful.. then I plugged it in and it self cleaned all off and I went bipolar and was suddenly very pleased w/em..

they are like USB in that I can never plug it in without looking carefully at it and making sure everything is aligned.. and their boots and environmental protection offerings are marginal at best.. but then again they are 100x better than any ciggy plug and daisy chain fine w/out reversing polarity on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles