Very waterrproof 12volt outlet

java

Expedition Leader
Doesnt look like it would do any better than the Blue Sea ones. Its still just a rubber cap.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Doesnt look like it would do any better than the Blue Sea ones. Its still just a rubber cap.

I love Blue Sea products and have installed a dozens of Blue Sea outlets. I can assure you theses are much more waterproof using an outside O-ring sealing design along with a plug. Blue Sea has exposed terminals and uses just a soft fitting rubber plug. Blue Sea does not claim to be water proof only to have a "moisture proof sealing ring". By all means use what you are comfortable with this is only another option.

Attachments

• IMG_7388.jpg
    IMG_7388.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 52

java

Expedition Leader
Ah that picture is far better than the one on the website link. And yes I agree that does look better, and I wasn't trying to say the blue sea ones were waterproof.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Ah that picture is far better than the one on the website link. And yes I agree that does look better, and I wasn't trying to say the blue sea ones were waterproof.

No worries:), check them out looks like an excellent option for protection from the elements on the outside of our trailers.

BoarderMX

Observer
I have one on my Triumph Speed Triple to run a charge port for the phone/navigation and the radar detector. I've been caught in a few good soakings and it has held up well.

Howard70

Adventurer
High Amperage 12v Connector

If you need more than 10 amps you might look beyond the standard 12v plug style connectors. Due to the mechanics of those systems it is hard to reliably get better than 10 amps and it can be hard to wire them with heavier gauge wire.

I've used Marinco's Connect Pro receptacles and plugs successfully when I needed a high amperage connection. They're rated to 40 amps and handle up to 8 gauge wire (6 gauge is possible if you use one of their adapters). They use an "O" ring to seal the plug connection. When the receptacle is not in use the cap seals well, but I'm not sure it has an "0" ring. As long as the receptacle is mounted horizontally and the cap is well closed, I haven't had any problem with water entering the receptacle or the wiring. However, I'm wiring with tinned marine grade wire and soldering the joints so fresh water wouldn't be a problem unless the whole system was flooded.

Here's a link - http://www.marinco.com/en/12vcps2/2-wire-connectpro-receptacle-plug

For complete specifications and various configurations scroll down and click on the "Global Marine Catalog" link low on that page. Navigate to "DC Connections". This stuff is really good, but not cheap.

Howard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz