Very rare only 1780 made 1977 Chevy blazer chalet camper - $4795 (Appleton

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
My family used to own one of these... Super cool rigs. I really wish we still had it!

There is a member on here whos name is 77chaletblazer (I think) and he is the one who has all the info on every one of these made.

Def needs a lot of body work...

Bretthn

Explorer
Wow, that is sweet, the camper is worth that money. By the looks of that body I would take the camper out of that body and put it in one in better shape.

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/5624630329.html ...SAW THIS ON CRAIGS LIST AND THOUGHT SOMEONE WOULD LOVE THIS THING!!!
CHOFF

Many thanks, it hasn't turned up yet in the couple of search links I regularly use to find these. It is one more to add to my mega-spreadsheet list.

Wow, that is sweet, the camper is worth that money.....
For sheer collector value, these drop like a rock when the camper is separated from the original factory vehicle. Minus the truck, this particular camper unit is worth maybe $400 tops. With one or two exceptions of sellers not knowing their relative worth, that's what I've seen decent orphaned camper units go for ever since I first started saving ebay & Craigslist printouts of these in 2005. On one occasion, an orphaned unit was crushed due to no buyers, and on more than one occasion I've seen guys having trouble just giving away an orphaned camper unit. If this rig is salvageable, a buyer could break even on a total restoration if it cost around $10 grand to put it back to showroom new condition. Dealers love to point to Chalet #1385 being sold for $21,500 on ebay, but the reality of that situation - and I have the bid history printout to prove it - is that it was taken past the $10 grand level by one single bidder who took it to its reserve price, unaware that there was a similar Chalet in comparable condition available on Craigslist for about $10 grand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior