Very cool expedition land rover..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
So a guy comes to me the other day and says he wants to sell his disco that has been around the world, I tell him...sure, I may be interested (without sounding toooo excited). He says he'll be right back.. 3 weeks later and he still hasn't come back and I'm kicking myself for not getting his details... Well he showed up today, a price was agreed upon and I now own a fabulous piece of land rover history... And it's the number 1 truck..needs a bit of attention and some things have been changed but it's probably 99% original..
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Drover

Adventurer
So a guy comes to me the other day and says he wants to sell his disco that has been around the world, I tell him...sure, I may be interested (without sounding toooo excited). He says he'll be right back.. 3 weeks later and he still hasn't come back and I'm kicking myself for not getting his details... Well he showed up today, a price was agreed upon and I now own a fabulous piece of land rover history... And it's the number 1 truck..needs a bit of attention and some things have been changed but it's probably 99% original..
View attachment 264179
View attachment 264180
View attachment 264181
View attachment 264183
View attachment 264185

That's cool.

The #3 truck is in Springfield,VT. , seen him driving around last year.

Have you seen the series?

The Rover Shop

Explorer
No, just starting to research the whole thing.. Gonna try and get some of them back together at overland expo maybe..,,!!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
If that is the truck I am thinking I have the dvd's at home.
Would be happy to double check and see about getting you a copy to go with the truck.

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Was it Nick Baggerly?

I was with one of the sponsors of that trip when I ran the Exxon/Mobil 1 account at McCann.

We ended up making a global TV ad campaign using the footage they captured.

That truck went around the world on only 1 oil change. It was supposed to be without an oil change, but the dust overwhelmed the K&N filters one day, and the original oil was contaminated...

El Solis

Adventurer
So allow me to call you a B on this forum too. Now that that has been covered, if you need another driver for the second around the world Disco that I know you will eventually buy, let me know. I might know a guy.:smiley_drive:

The Rover Shop

Explorer
And yes, it was nick baggarly, his signature is in the drivers door jam.. Coincidentally I got a visit from a guy about a month ago who was in charge of building these trucks.. Hoping to get a hold of him again also.. Rumour is that Nick is currently driving an electric hummer across Antarctica .. So I may have to wait a bit to talk to him.....that is of course unless I go looking for him...lol..

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Is Nick actually driving the electric hummer in Antarctica? The last time I talked with him I think he said he was planning to drive a hydrogen hummer to the North Pole or something like that. Not sure if he ever did. Of course I probably had an even crazier idea at the time.

Nick has big dreams and big balls, I'll give him that.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Haven't spoken to him yet.. I reached out and am waiting for him to get back to me.. Meeting with the guy today who owned it 2 owners back and hope to get some more info on it.. Also trying to reach the guy who built them..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Nick has been in touch with me as well as another guy who owns I believe number 2.. And I believe number 3 is in the Land Rover school in Asheville..??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94