Very Cool Africa Twin for sale

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2000-HONDA-XRV750-AFRICA-TWIN-96297048

i have no affiliation with this. however i did contact the dealer. the bike was imported by a foreigner who had a legal residence here. it was brought as his personal property.. it now has a clean Missouri title. i checked with my insurance agency and they can insure it as well..

i really want it.!

but ultimately its just to much to spend, when you can get a great used F800GS with a load of farkles for about the same..

some one here maybe wont be able to resist.. im stil dreaming about it, so you never know..

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2000-HONDA-XRV750-AFRICA-TWIN-96297048

i have no affiliation with this. however i did contact the dealer. the bike was imported by a foreigner who had a legal residence here. it was brought as his personal property.. it now has a clean Missouri title. i checked with my insurance agency and they can insure it as well..

i really want it.!

but ultimately its just to much to spend, when you can get a great used F800GS with a load of farkles for about the same..

some one here maybe wont be able to resist.. im stil dreaming about it, so you never know..

Actually it doesn't really matter if its registered and titled in Missouri. If you try and title it in NY and a pesky registry agent has a question as to whether the bike was properly imported you'd be screwed.

That said I know the folks who run that dealership in STL and they're pretty decent.

Jim

805gregg

Adventurer
Great bikes but a little heavy, check the stats on Bikez.com V-Strom is lighter and the Wee is a lot lighter and both are cheaper new.

robert

Expedition Leader
Yes, but neither the V nor the Wee get you anywhere near the style points that the Africa Twin does. :bike_rider:

805gregg

Adventurer
Yes, but neither the V nor the Wee get you anywhere near the style points that the Africa Twin does. :bike_rider:

True, but it's weight not style that counts when you are off road far from help. I always wanted an Africa Twin until I realized the V is probably as good. I'm thinking of getting a Wee now to save another 50lbs.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
True, but it's weight not style that counts when you are off road far from help.

if thats important to you arent you still on the wrong type of bike?

thats the same generation AT Ron S. had for sale recently, i almost bought it but remembered my cagiva elefant days, way more off road able than most of the big bikes but still slowed me down too much.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
When I lived in France in the mid-late 90s I had an Africa Twin 750. I loved that bike. Sure, it's a bit heavy, but I don't think your typical Africa Twin buyer is putting weight too high on the selection tick list. Cool factor is usually high up there.

I agree with Trail Monkey that the value isn't really there, but they really are great bikes. No offense to V-strom owners, but an Africa Twin just has a bit more cache to it.

robert

Expedition Leader
True, but it's weight not style that counts when you are off road far from help. I always wanted an Africa Twin until I realized the V is probably as good. I'm thinking of getting a Wee now to save another 50lbs.

I can't complain about my Wee- it does everything I need it to although I've sorta been thinking about getting rid of it and buying a VFR for touring instead. I've got the DRZ if I want a lighter street legal bike although it really needs a sixth gear.

805gregg

Adventurer
I can't complain about my Wee- it does everything I need it to although I've sorta been thinking about getting rid of it and buying a VFR for touring instead. I've got the DRZ if I want a lighter street legal bike although it really needs a sixth gear.

Try a ST 1300 best sport touring bike with the best engine out there. I recently went to Bodie ghost town, got to the end of the pavement, stood up on the pegs and passed 9 Harleys, 1 jeep and a Fj cruiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior