Check out this sucker!

DC_Cruiser.jpg

DC_Cruiser1.jpg

I have a tear rolling down my cheek-

Some info on it:

http://web.namibweb.net/sandtracks/d_c_cruiser_bakkie.htm

Spikepretorius

Explorer
The double cabs are not OEM. You have to dish out your $$ to buy a vehicle then send it in and dish out your $$ a second time to have the double cab custom fabricated. In fact a friend of mine has just gone that route and his vehicle is at the fabricators busy getting the make-over.

They are considered THE ultimate over here.

nickw

Adventurer
Spikepretorius said:
The double cabs are not OEM. You have to dish out your $$ to buy a vehicle then send it in and dish out your $$ a second time to have the double cab custom fabricated. In fact a friend of mine has just gone that route and his vehicle is at the fabricators busy getting the make-over.

They are considered THE ultimate over here.

The site said R38,000 for the conversion, whatever that equates out to. What do those rigs cost new in stock condition?

EDIT:

Currency calculator showed $5,800 US = R38,000

Spikepretorius

Explorer
I think they're in the region of R400k depending on spec. I was under the impression that the conversion was more expensive than that quoted price.
But anyway....they are really nice

member014.jpg

nickw

Adventurer
Spikepretorius said:
I think they're in the region of R400k depending on spec. I was under the impression that the conversion was more expensive than that quoted price.
But anyway....they are really nice

member014.jpg

R400,000 is about $62,000, where do I sign up:)

Damn that is a perfect rig-

Spikepretorius

Explorer
When you're earning R's instead of $'s it's a lot of cash.

That particular model in the pictures was discontinued late last year and they brought out a "new" model that looks older. Yeah really odd and a real talking point. Busy trying to find a picture

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Ahh, converted 75 Series wagons... Those are awsome trucks.

THe new 79 Series has the 4.5 TD V8 to boot. It looks like a 70series version onf the LR 130 quad cab pu.

nickw

Adventurer
Spikepretorius said:
When you're earning R's instead of $'s it's a lot of cash.

That particular model in the pictures was discontinued late last year and they brought out a "new" model that looks older. Yeah really odd and a real talking point. Busy trying to find a picture

Spike, did you find that picture?

Spikepretorius

Explorer
02.jpg

01.jpg

Not the best pics but what I could find in a hurry

They aren't very popular, comparatively. A nice touch though is that this model comes out with front and rear difflock as standard equipment

umingmaq

I, personally, mourn the loss of ROUND headlights on the newest 70 series! I do, however like the new turbo diesel. My opinion is that the new 79 series looks too much like a, what, mid 90's 4runner. No offense to 4runner owners, but the 78 series was a much cooler looking truck with the old-school round headlights. Just my ranting and raving opinion, but hey, we're all entitled right.

Cheers,
Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior