Vermejo’s Travel Log - 2011

Vermejo

Adventurer

Vermejo

Adventurer
The Rim Trail: Southern New Mexico’s Heavenly Singletrack

Lincoln National Forest - Otero County, NM

View from the Rim Trail—a roller-coaster-like, 20 mile long singletrack outside of Cloudcroft, NM. The trail winds through aspen groves and thick forest along the westernmost edge of the Sacramento Mountains providing a bird’s eye view of White Sands National Monument.

KSJeep

Explorer
I thought that was your truck headed toward Alamogordo last week. We were headed into LC. Nice pics as always.

daPitbull

Adventurer
I've been following this thread, amazing images. Sorry if this has been asked before, but would you mind sharing what you shoot with?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
What is the story behind that billboard sign? Was it featured in the X-Files or something? And while I'm at it, did that lady loose her arms? LOL

Vermejo

Adventurer
I've been following this thread, amazing images. Sorry if this has been asked before, but would you mind sharing what you shoot with?

Thanks! Camera equipment as follows:
Nikon bodies: D60, D90, D5000, D7000
Nikon lenses: 10-24, 18-55mm, 18-200mm, 70-300mm, 35mm f1.8
As of late, some of my favorite shots have been coming from my GoPro HD Hero.

What is the story behind that billboard sign? Was it featured in the X-Files or something? And while I'm at it, did that lady loose her arms? LOL

The sign bares the brands of local ranchers—I've been intrigued by it since I was a kid. As for the lady, she's just fine...

Amazing trail and photos

Thank you.

Vermejo

Adventurer
Boston Hill Trail System: Silver City's Sketchy Singletrack

Boston Hill - Luna County, NM

[video=youtube;SXtckOD75q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SXtckOD75q4[/video]

Riding the Net Chasm (a cable net draped over the opening of a 100-food deep open pit mine shaft) - View from the GoPro HD

Vermejo

Adventurer
Boston Hill Trail System II: Silver City's Sketchy Singletrack

Boston Hill - Luna County, NM

[video=youtube;iBF6P2ryezk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iBF6P2ryezk[/video]

Dog gives chase near the Spring Street trailhead (The suspense begins at 1:22) - View from the GoPro HD

Vermejo

Adventurer
EZ Backcountry Prep of Frozen/Premade Tamales

No one likes soggy tamales; to elevate them above water, arrange heat resistant objects in pan bottom such as crisscrossed metal utensils to act as a makeshift stand (for deeper pots, use a heat resistant bowl flipped upside-down). Fill pan with enough water to nearly submerge makeshift stand and tightly place tamales together. Cover pan with lid, place over flame and steam for 15 minutes. Grab a Negra Modello and enjoy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior