VelociRaptor SUV

Mooneywa

Raptor from the front, Expedition from the side, Excursion from the back? And man, what I could do to a 2013 Cummins with $149,500.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Same guys that sold box stock Vipers as Venom 550's? Yeah, no thanks. I'll pass. $50,000+ for fancy exhaust and an air filter. Haha.

Betarocker

Adventurer
I'd rather find an Excursion and swap a 6BT CRD in. Compound turbos, dual CP3, injectors, programmer, upgrades to transmission and suspension. Still be cheaper, more powerful, more capable, and more fuel efficient.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
No mention of how they beefed up the suspension to seat 8. Curious to see how they addressed this issue since original payload is only 930 lbs from the factory...

I think I would rather get a Sportsmobile AND a Moby1 teardrop with that amount of coin...just sayin'...

Regards,

BWJ

Kaisen

Explorer
No mention of how they beefed up the suspension to seat 8. Curious to see how they addressed this issue since original payload is only 930 lbs from the factory...

An early 4x4 7.3 diesel Excursion only had 1,000 or so pounds of payload from the factory. How much weight does the SUV conversion add? Probably not as much as you think.

kingg5

Adventurer
An early 4x4 7.3 diesel Excursion only had 1,000 or so pounds of payload from the factory. How much weight does the SUV conversion add? Probably not as much as you think.

i find that hard to believe. worlds biggest suv and its payload is less than a chevy blazer? (i have done no research...go easy on me haha)

XRrider

Observer
Not my cup of tea either. However I find it quite humorous how many have a negative opinion of one company and their products yet have probably never owned or driven any of their products, nor have the bank roll to do so.
I imagine all 30 will sell, most of which will be to one up the Denali and Escalade crowd in the grocery store parking lot? If I were filthy stinking rich and in the SUV market maybe it'd be cool, a family mover, boat puller, burn-out machine, and is not a GM or Chrysler, yeah for no government bail out.
When will the OEM return to the full size 2-door, Bronco, RamCharger, Blazer of old? Why is bigger better, even the CJ of old has transformed into an available 4 door, the compact Cherokee 2 door, the Bronco II, the 2 door S10 Blazer, extinct. Sounds kind of funny coming from the owner of a cc/lb f350 but a modern not huge suv would be awesome.

Kaisen

Explorer
attachment.php

ford_bronco_svt_raptor_concept_by_mvtphotography-d32dzvl.jpg

129-1305-01+eleven-off-road-concepts-that-should-exist+ford-bronco-concept.jpg

129-1305-02%2beleven-concepts-that-should-exist%2b2014-chevy-k5-blazer-concept.jpg

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer

WOW, I did not know that the excursion was only 1,000 lbs. According to the article, the conversion adds 600 pounds. All things being equal, subtract that from the 1020 lbs (Payload capacity of the supercrew raptor), and you have 420 lbs left for passengers and cargo...not much in my opinion...Curious to see what changes are made to the overall suspension to address this.

Regards,

BWJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles