Vehicle recommendation

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I've posted it before, and I'm sure Ill post it again...

GVWR of vehicles, especially pickups, in the USA has more to do with regulation, taxing, insurance, and $$$$ than anything else anymore.

And depending upon your state, you are much better off with a class 2, 10,000lb GVWR pickup than the same pickup with a class 3 10,001+ GVWR
BOTH trucks are grossly overbuilt for their GVWR, if you actually consider things like axle ratings.

ricoisme26

I've posted it before, and I'm sure Ill post it again...

GVWR of vehicles, especially pickups, in the USA has more to do with regulation, taxing, insurance, and $$$$ than anything else anymore.

And depending upon your state, you are much better off with a class 2, 10,000lb GVWR pickup than the same pickup with a class 3 10,001+ GVWR
BOTH trucks are grossly overbuilt for their GVWR, if you actually consider things like axle ratings.

rember this isn’t true for all states, I’m in Pennsylvania, my f150 is registered class 2 5,001-7,000lbs, technically I can’t use the last 500lbs of my 7500 gvwr Factory rating. Nothing here is class 3 and class 4 is split 4A and 4B 9,001-10,000 and 10,001-11,000, costs the same to register either I think they split hairs to have more reasons to fine you if you get caught overloaded. Regardless know your state laws and use common sense

Recommended books for Overlanding