Vanspace3D design software?

zuren

Adventurer
Since I've been looking at vans again, Google's AI is tracking me and showed me this company:

It is 3D design software for building a campervan. Has anyone used it, or a similar program? I have SketchUp but haven't spent the time to learn it. That Vanspace3D program is $20/yr. for unlimited use.

Thanks for any feedback!

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
From what I gather after reaching out to them it is more of a drag and drop "oh thats how it will look" software. Not ideally suited if you are trying to render dimensional designs that could be converted into usable blueprints or CNC data.

jimcuda

I paid for it about 18 months ago….and found it incredibly difficult to use. To be fair, they are constantly releasing updates, so it might be better now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
I bought it to use with my iPad only to discover that they don’t have an iPad version yet; only desktop. They assured me it would be out soon, but that was more than three months ago and I still haven’t received an email saying the iPad version is available.

zuren

Adventurer
These are not overwhelmingly positive reviews. I found comments in another van forum that were not encouraging either. I found a YouTube channel of the supposed creators of the software. Seems that they are busier being vanlife YouTubers showing the girl in a bikini than being real software developers. I'll look for a different solution.

TyVanosaurus_Rex

For what its worth, attached is a pretty clean Sketchup model (2020version) of an E350 EB. Doors, seats, roof are all on separate layers for easy toggling.
Dimensions are pretty decent from what I can tell since I'm using this same model for my interior build. I'm happy to help with any Skp questions!

Attachments

• Van Basic (2019).zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 12

sackettmw

I tried it because I liked that it had dimensions for some different vans I may be working on. I was frustrated with it. All the little drag and drop furnishings are Amazon links. Wish I had my $20 back. I prefer printing out the blank "van grid plans" from Sportsmobile for quick layouts. https://sportsmobile.com/design-info/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94