Vans at the WA Expo Rally?

Railvan

Adventurer
So who's taking their van to the WA Overland Rally next month? I'll be there with my SMB. I'm hoping to see full size vans, Astro's, VW's, Delica's, or just about anything on four wheels that looks like a box!

BrianSMBblackwheels-800.jpg

T.Low

Expedition Leader
We may stop by for a day or night on the way back from Chelan area.

I emailed the event organisers for a vendor packet with the idea of setting up a table as a rep for Overland Vans (my lift kit supplier) as well as GTRV (my pop top supplier) but never heard back from them. For the price of the show, I could buy steel to make rock sliders for the van. :Wow1:

Hope to see ya there, Brian. If not, I'll guess I'll have to drive about 5 minutes from home to say high.:wavey:

jaggedfish

Observer
Was REALLY hoping to come down with my Delica but unfortunately looks as though plans have had to change. Looks as though these are great events to meet people, check out different rigs and catch up on the latest gear. Darn!

Accrete

Explorer
Reading the event sight perked my interest. Would have been nice to still have our FJ40ChevoTa ; ) as the event looks geared more toward serious off road edu? But as others have said, still a nice op to meet N greet overlanders.

dinoevo

Adventurer
Very interested in the event, but it will be a last minute decision for us. Would be nice to meet more overland vans across the border.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Reading the event sight perked my interest. Would have been nice to still have our FJ40ChevoTa ; ) as the event looks geared more toward serious off road edu? But as others have said, still a nice op to meet N greet overlanders.

We do offer a lot of education but I'm not sure how to qualify "serious off road education". It is afterall an overlanding event. The basic and advanced 4WD curriculums focus on a wide range from selecting the right vehicle for you, at the most basic level, to recovering a vehicle using complicated, untill you learn them, winching scenarios! The idea is to prepare for a variety of scenarios so that you can travel overland and be prepared without having to turn back or stop exploring just because of a challenging situation. So maybe serious off roading in the sense of what to be prepared for but not in the sense of just going out and pushing your vehicle to it's limits and breaking stuff for fun. Same for the Adventure Motorcycles!

We also have a variety of logistics, planning and traveler skill development classes such as Photography, Gear Selection, Loading, Wilderness Medicine and more.

Hope to see you there!
Brian

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Also keep in mind that Sportsmobile will be attending the Overland Rally & Workshop in Washington as a Title Sponsor!
Alan and his crew will be there with a couple of Sportmobiles and displaying their latest and greatest!

UAV_02bike_lg.jpg

Roonie

I will be there in my sportsmobile too. Can't stay the entire time but will be there hopefully for a few days.

DSC_0037-1.jpg

1sweetvan

Adventurer
Thanks Railvan! So if I show up in a 2WD van, will people still talk to me and let me camp there? It sounds pretty hardcore.

Railvan

Adventurer
Thanks Railvan! So if I show up in a 2WD van, will people still talk to me and let me camp there? It sounds pretty hardcore.

Don't let being 2wd stop you from going. Hardcore? I don't know. I'm driving paved roads all the way there and back... :smiley_drive: Won't need any 4x4 for this trip!

Meekerfam

Observer
gotta talk the wife into it. moneys tight right now, moving to arkansas 2nd week of august. oh and if i show will roll in with a lifted 2wd van. I call lifted 2wd vans light expedition vehicles.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I hope somebody is going to post pics after this shindig, for those of us who have to get our thrills vicariously!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier