Van Interior Set Up - for two parents and three kids

xjawgi

A few of you have mentioned a truck with a tow behind camper. This is more than likely going to be the route i go if i dont get a van. I will probably get a crew cab pickup with a popup camper.

NLPRacing

Observer
A few of you have mentioned a truck with a tow behind camper. This is more than likely going to be the route i go if i dont get a van. I will probably get a crew cab pickup with a popup camper.

We used to have an Expedition EL to tow our trailer. It was nice being able to put some space between the 3 kids on long road trips. Now that the kids are older, we rarely have all 3 of them in the car with us at one time.

xjawgi

We used to have an Expedition EL to tow our trailer. It was nice being able to put some space between the 3 kids on long road trips. Now that the kids are older, we rarely have all 3 of them in the car with us at one time.

I should mention that the wife has an Acadia with the tow package, so we could tow a trailer with that as well. I do agree - It is nice keeping the kids separated.

I am in the market for a truck or van - so thats why I am looking for van pics.

macexpress

Observer
I have a Chevy Express that I use for our family of 5. I take out all the seats except for the first bench seat and have a bed that goes in the van. The kids, ages 8, 6, and 3 share the bed, under the bed frame is all open for storage, and we sleep in a rtt on the roof.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180817-130300.png
    Screenshot_20180817-130300.png
    2 MB · Views: 32

eporter

Adventurer
Nice setup. The RTT seems like an easy way to expand a vehicle for a growing family. I keep waiting on prices on used (but rarely used) ones to come on down to earth..!

Corneilius

Adventurer
lol @ "rarely used" RTT. Most (not all) get used about as often as the ground tent everyone has in their garage.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
On the topic of crew cab... I drove a F350 Crew Cab Long box 4x4 a couple years back. It was a beast... and I don’t mean that in a good way! I’ve driven 15 year old recycling trucks (16,000 kg trucks) that were nicer to drive and manoeuvred better. I couldn’t believe how terrible it was... and I enjoy a well built truck... and am not a big car fan.

Before buying... or even deciding to go the truck route... drive your potential candidates. I even enjoy towing a trailer... a rig pulling a B train is fun to me :) Just be sure you know how it’ll be to drive/tow before you buy. I’d even consider renting a similar trailer for a short road trip to evaluate wether it’ll meet your family’s needs.

BTW, I drive an E350 dually Ambulance, and it’s truly a joy to drive around town or on the freeway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles