*** VAN HAS BEEN RECOVERED*** 4x4 Van STOLEN in Portland OR June 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoodzy

We had a vehicle (Bad Betty) stolen from our shop last night and I wanted to get the word out. Please pass this along on any other Forums/Social Media etc. If you see the van please call the police immediately. Thanks to you all!

Taylor Hood

• ROAMERICA
  • Axis Vehicle Outfitters

Attachments

• IMG_2693.JPG
    IMG_2693.JPG
    333.8 KB · Views: 503

deeve

Observer
I'll keep my eye open. I am west of you in Washington County and spend a good part of my days driving. POst up when it gets recovered!

hoodzy

Curious. Did you have a kill switch? If so, was it engaged? If not, will you be getting one?

Glad you recovered the truck.

No kill switch. Definitely looking into getting one as well as other ways to deter. I think that having exterior locking devices might be the best way to go. If the van looks difficult to break into hopefully they will move on to the next. If anyone has any experience with any exterior locking devices please chime in. Thanks!

Last edited:

another_mike

Adventurer
No kill switch. Definitely looking into getting one as well as other ways to deter. I think that having exterior locking devices might be the best way to go. If the van look difficult to break into hopefully they will move on to the next. If anyone has any experience please chime in. Thanks!
I just installed a drivers seat swivel in my van, I was thinking I may see if there is a way to pad lock it facing backwards

Another thing would be to look at GPS tracking... Been thinking of getting a tracker since that Earth Roamer was stolen the week previous.

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
If someone really wants to steal a vehicle, they'll use a tow truck or flatbed with a winch to do so. So while a kill switch is a good idea, it's not always effective.
And there are ways - never mind what they are - to disable tracking devices. Professional car thieves who specialize in Bentleys and Ferraris, etc., use disabling systems to get the cars on board ships to the Middle East and China.

another_mike

Adventurer
If someone really wants to steal a vehicle, they'll use a tow truck or flatbed with a winch to do so. So while a kill switch is a good idea, it's not always effective.
And there are ways - never mind what they are - to disable tracking devices. Professional car thieves who specialize in Bentleys and Ferraris, etc., use disabling systems to get the cars on board ships to the Middle East and China.
Yes, we all know this. Every time someone mentions theft prevention measures there is always someone who likes to come along and repeat this. Doing something is still better than nothing and recent thefts of the EarthRoamer and this van has shown it’s not some master mind thieves stealing these to get them into shipping containers by sunrise so Nicholas cage can rescue his brother.

Last edited:

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Wow. So glad it was recovered. I have a kill switch on my rig. And have often thought of puck locks etc. but Im pretty sure at the end of the day if someone really wants it. They will take it. Thats got to be the worst feeling knowing someone got into your rig.

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
I didn't know Nicholas Cage had a brother.
Another _mike is of course correct that doing something is better than doing nothing. Personally, I always keep a few of my pet wolverines in my overland truck, and I've never had anyone attempt to steal it.
Well, not anyone that I could find the remains of...

hoodzy

Wow. So glad it was recovered. I have a kill switch on my rig. And have often thought of puck locks etc. but Im pretty sure at the end of the day if someone really wants it. They will take it. Thats got to be the worst feeling knowing someone got into your rig.
Yeah....definitely not the best feeling! I think I will go with both the kill switch and the Puck locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles