Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

llamalander

I might have some time to stop by the shop in the next week or so to see if I can judge what #'s are filling up the place. Anyone have any burning questions I should ask? My next wedding anniversary is the year of aluminum(!), I'm hoping for a bunch of it to sleep in... before the year is out.

ewfrey2013

I might have some time to stop by the shop in the next week or so to see if I can judge what #'s are filling up the place. Anyone have any burning questions I should ask? My next wedding anniversary is the year of aluminum(!), I'm hoping for a bunch of it to sleep in... before the year is out.
If you swing by, I would love an update on my Nomad, VO #198! It would be a 6.5ft raw finish with the tern windows on both sides, a rigid light on the back, standard rear hatch glass, and an OVS awning. Beer on me for whatever you learn!

I'd be rad to see pictures of every build in there if allowed! At this point that's the least peace of mind that should be approved

You're a hero. If you could give him a really good
hard stink-eye for avoiding all Calendly meetings and emails for the last few months I'd sure appreciate it. Half-joking.

Real questions: he mentioned that he was going to change the bed platform to something akin to a two-panel design to make things simpler, would love to hear if that's still happening. Not in love with the idea myself, as a short bed owner I appreciate all the options for space I can get.

Also what's the current list of things to avoid putting on the camper bc he doesn't have them in stock.

I mean, honestly I just mostly want to know if he's still staying in business so I can put a down payment on an AT Topper and be done with this disaster if so.

*Sigh* Sorry, long last 30 months dealing with VO. Thanks for asking us, man.

llamalander

Last visit he asked I avoid showing the name tags on the waiting shells, so I'm not sure that I can do more than group photos--
Didn't hear about the panel bed design, I'll ask, & good call about the parts holding things up--thats important info to have. Got a list of questions now, but there's room for more-

OVRLNDFX4

You're a hero. If you could give him a really good
hard stink-eye for avoiding all Calendly meetings and emails for the last few months I'd sure appreciate it. Half-joking.

Real questions: he mentioned that he was going to change the bed platform to something akin to a two-panel design to make things simpler, would love to hear if that's still happening. Not in love with the idea myself, as a short bed owner I appreciate all the options for space I can get.

Also what's the current list of things to avoid putting on the camper bc he doesn't have them in stock.

I mean, honestly I just mostly want to know if he's still staying in business so I can put a down payment on an AT Topper and be done with this disaster if so.

*Sigh* Sorry, long last 30 months dealing with VO. Thanks for asking us, man.

30 months, thats basically 3 years! Thats mind boggling to say the least.

Bergger

Explorer
30 months. Certainly that must be incorrect since their website says current lead times are approximately 12 months! Or maybe the website is misleading and blatantly lying. To me the company is just as important as the product they put out and from what I've read Vagabond Outdoors the company seems to be a big disappointment.

I would love to know what he doing to get the lead times under control?

czukie

30 months. Certainly that must be incorrect since their website says current lead times are approximately 12 months! Or maybe the website is misleading and blatantly lying. To me the company is just as important as the product they put out and from what I've read Vagabond Outdoors the company seems to be a big disappointment.
Poor guy...who wants to tell 'em?

30 months is about average these days. Maybe even on the quicker side of things at this rate. The website has been blatantly lying about 12 months for literal years now. I'm not sure disappointment is the right word for the product, as it is probably the best built wedge camper out there....the disappointment comes from them being one of the first 2 "main" players in the wedge camper game (the other being GFC) and yet they have produced, in nearly 3-4 years, what GFC produces in a week....what's truly disappointing is that the ingenuity and trademarks and copyrights and all the other things they seem to be proud of are all but wasted as their are less than 200 of the actual product driving around.

I don't think even 30 months is accurate for those of us in the 200's. I'm almost 29 months in with approximately 60 campers ahead of me from what I can tell. How many are they producing at this point? Maybe 2-3/month? It doesn't matter how well it's built if you can't actually own one.

Last edited:

Bergger

Explorer
30 months is not even close to the average of other manufacturers of this type of product. They are significantly shorter. It would be nice if VO was a little more honest with the expectation of delivery times. That's all I'm saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles