Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

OVRLNDFX4

Update: Picking up my build (#193) on Monday 11/21. Seems windows are still at a shortage. Phil emailed me today asking if I would prefer them install the window with a solid panel and have him mail the window later or a cosmetically damaged one for $150 off. So there's that...
Very Nice dude! Enjoy it!

surfjones

Congrats! I bet you are super stoked to have a pickup date! Which windows did you order?

Update: Picking up my build (#193) on Monday 11/21. Seems windows are still at a shortage. Phil emailed me today asking if I would prefer them install the window with a solid panel and have him mail the window later or a cosmetically damaged one for $150 off. So there's that...

UncleAir

Interesting about windows. I received my drifter in early 20. One of the windows held water at the bottom and only dripped into the bed when opened. I lived near a truck cap dealer (s.w. Michigan) who purchased windows for his business and weekly drove by the window manufacturer (Indiana). As he had a relationship with the mfr., I told Phil I’d work this angle to get the window fixed. The mfr. told the cap dealer that those windows are not being made per material shortage and would not commit to any time frame for availabIlity. After many months I gave up (I’ve since moved away from there, and it’s not a real big issue anyway). Sounds like shortages continue to abound, <sigh>.
That said: Love the Drifter. I use it modularly as a daily driver and it serves me well as a getaway palace when needed. It is a great product from my perspective and very functional.
I can sympathize with all who are waiting. It is excruciating. I waited 14 months and often heard crickets in return when I sent out communications to Vagabond. Kinda like waiting for Christmas presents as a kid but with a lot more skin in the game ($). Lots of anxiety for sure. It is interesting that the comments about similar experiences is still ongoing. <second sigh>
Happy Trails

Last edited:
Literally just the standard rear window ?

1.) Congrats on finding your way out of the woods, my man!

2.) Wait... after 2 years of producing almost nothing, they don't have a backstock of the window that goes literally on almost every single camper they make? Did you opt to take the damaged one? I'd be real hesitant to expect follow-up from Phil on getting you one after-the-fact :\

2.) Wait... after 2 years of producing almost nothing, they don't have a backstock of the window that goes literally on almost every single camper they make? Did you opt to take the damaged one? I'd be real hesitant to expect follow-up from Phil on getting you one after-the-fact :\

I agree completely with #2, (and #1 as well) It is what I am finding the most frustrating at the moment. There's no excuse for not having common items that are used on every, or almost every build. Even with supply issues, they should have a 20+ camper supply of windows, tents etc. They have a minimum of $3600 from each of us from our initial deposit, plus there's a 6+ month wait after second payment as well.

llamalander

...It actually looks like a year's wait (so far) since paying in full for the folks up next, which is a non-standard way of doing business--to put it lightly.

czukie

I opted for the cosmetic damaged window (I can’t see any damage) and $150 refund for it. Whether or not I ever see that $150 is totally fine, but I figured I’d rather have a window now and maybe $150 later than a solid panel and maybe a window later. Additionally my top/lid was powder coated black when I ordered it raw aluminum. I honestly don’t remember Phil ever telling me he powder coated it. I definitely did not pay for it to be powder coated, but I can see someone being upset if they got there and their camper was powder coated on top. Again, he might have told me and I forgot, but either way I didn’t pay for it and it looks dope.

Install took exactly 1 hour. Phil walked me through solar install, as I plan on doing it myself. If anyone is John C (?) on here, your camper looks pretty much entirely done. The rest in the “show room” looked like they needed one or two major things.

One of the people doing the install shared all of our frustration with not getting campers out, which I found interesting.

Lastly, the arctic tern panels/windows are bada$$!!

Attachments

• 323C73E3-3132-4503-8CB7-64A4EE07D933.jpeg
    323C73E3-3132-4503-8CB7-64A4EE07D933.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Congratulations, looks awesome! The color combo matches well throughout the rig; truck, wheels, and camper. I really like the raw aluminum on the white truck.

I opted for the cosmetic damaged window (I can’t see any damage) and $150 refund for it. Whether or not I ever see that $150 is totally fine, but I figured I’d rather have a window now and maybe $150 later than a solid panel and maybe a window later. Additionally my top/lid was powder coated black when I ordered it raw aluminum. I honestly don’t remember Phil ever telling me he powder coated it. I definitely did not pay for it to be powder coated, but I can see someone being upset if they got there and their camper was powder coated on top. Again, he might have told me and I forgot, but either way I didn’t pay for it and it looks dope.

Install took exactly 1 hour. Phil walked me through solar install, as I plan on doing it myself. If anyone is John C (?) on here, your camper looks pretty much entirely done. The rest in the “show room” looked like they needed one or two major things.

One of the people doing the install shared all of our frustration with not getting campers out, which I found interesting.

Lastly, the arctic tern panels/windows are bada$$!!

Congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles