Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

Honestly it feels like a bunch of empty promises the same that we’ve been getting every 4-6 months for the last two years but I’m not giving up hope entirely! Eager to see what’s next, and I actually think their plan to streamline window offerings is really really wise and will hopefully help with laser cutting delays.

aequitas3

I'm a truck…
Inexplicably never received that email. I'm beginning to wonder if I got left off some master-list.

Looks remarkably like the apology-posting we would receive once a year on TacomaWorld. I really do hope it's more sincere.

Thanks a ton for sharing -
Didn't receive it either. But im just 9 months in
Same and same
I believe you need to sign up for their newsletter on the website. I am not in the queue as I have my Drifter, but received that email.

Lord Larry

I signed up to the newsletter and their vagabond account thingy when i placed an order, but no email. I assume only people who have been waiting over 12 months received the email.

surfjones

It didn't seem I got the email either, but it went straight to my junk folder or promotions folder on gmail. Maybe yours did as well?

I signed up to the newsletter and their vagabond account thingy when i placed an order, but no email. I assume only people who have been waiting over 12 months received the email.

Lord Larry

It didn't seem I got the email either, but it went straight to my junk folder or promotions folder on gmail. Maybe yours did as well?
Nope! Checked there a couple times. Negative.

I'm still okay waiting though and still rooting for the VO to catch up and be a successful company one day sooner or later.

The company I work for has been shipping panels/enclosures with missing devices and wiremen have to wire panel backward or wire the devices the hard way with all the incoming wires since pandemic started, so I sort of understand Phil.

Hope my understanding Phil doesn't piss off someone and get another thread shutdown or locked.

Nope! Checked there a couple times. Negative.

I'm still okay waiting though and still rooting for the VO to catch up and be a successful company one day sooner or later.

The company I work for has been shipping panels/enclosures with missing devices and wiremen have to wire panel backward or wire the devices the hard way with all the incoming wires since pandemic started, so I sort of understand Phil.

Hope my understanding Phil doesn't piss off someone and get another thread shutdown or locked.
Yeah, the reason the TW threads got locked is because of that one guy who decided to get all pissy. So thanks to that guy, you know who you are lol.

I thought the reason it was shut down was because the mods felt VO was not participating in the forum?

To be fair, there was A LOT of pissy people!

sn_85

Observer
I agree 1000% that vagabond’s are a superior product to GFC but there is absolutely no excuse anymore. There are so many campers now that offer a plethora of options (windows, doors, awnings, etc.) for multiple truck models and are at the same level or very close to VO‘s build quality. Most of which can produce campers anywhere from 8 to 16 weeks. Topo, Snap!, AT, Camp King, Trailfort, and even Alu-Cab come to mind as companies with a high build quality that can get you a camper in less than a year. All of these companies’ wait times have only declined since their inception whereas VO’s has continued to increase. Thats not how it’s supposed to work.

I agree that VO build quality (esp when including the price point) is top tier and even that Phil really wants to best camper for his customer. The problem is that these campers no longer have the niche market they did prior to COVID. More companies are producing campers which means there are more options. It’s no longer GFC and Vagabond with a bunch of “emerging” companies. VO is now at the point where they are undeniably losing customers to other competing companies and doesn’t seem to care or be doing much to change that. As a customer who has invested in their product, this worries me.

I honestly would prefer they raise prices if it meant they could reduce production times.

My thoughts exactly. We live in a copy cat society. Point being you only have so much time to become a leader in that niche before other companies arise. Vagabond IMO was one of the pioneers of the aluminum wedge campers. They had a lot of momentum early on, social media presence, forum presence and a small but growing fan base. They had a leg up on other companies since they were one of the first and had a high quality and innovative product. They've lost that momentum and now can no longer be recommended. That has given an opportunity and rise of other companies doing very similar things that has undoubtedly taken market share and revenue from VO. Can they blame it on covid/pandemic? Perhaps. I do remember Snap! being out at a similar time as VO and their campers have just as much customization if not more than the Drifter/Nomad. They survived pandemic woes and I think lead times are 14-18 weeks. Topo Toppers has gained a lot of momentum and they launched last year in the middle of the pandemic. It seems like other companies have the process, manufacturing, supply chain, and business sense figured out.

I hate bashing on VO as I want to root for Vagabond and Phil to turn it around. They have a lot of upset customers at this point though. Time and excuses are running out. Hopefully they don't become another Pelfreybilt.

My thoughts exactly. We live in a copy cat society. Point being you only have so much time to become a leader in that niche before other companies arise. Vagabond IMO was one of the pioneers of the aluminum wedge campers. They had a lot of momentum early on, social media presence, forum presence and a small but growing fan base. They had a leg up on other companies since they were one of the first and had a high quality and innovative product. They've lost that momentum and now can no longer be recommended. That has given an opportunity and rise of other companies doing very similar things that has undoubtedly taken market share and revenue from VO. Can they blame it on covid/pandemic? Perhaps. I do remember Snap! being out at a similar time as VO and their campers have just as much customization if not more than the Drifter/Nomad. They survived pandemic woes and I think lead times are 14-18 weeks. Topo Toppers has gained a lot of momentum and they launched last year in the middle of the pandemic. It seems like other companies have the process, manufacturing, supply chain, and business sense figured out.

I hate bashing on VO as I want to root for Vagabond and Phil to turn it around. They have a lot of upset customers at this point though. Time and excuses are running out. Hopefully they don't become another Pelfreybilt.
They won’t.

15EA92C0-494D-4E05-8499-762151F82BEB.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles