Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

trashrose

Just checking this thread after being in the dark while going through some unexpected changes in life. Came here to ask a question but… I was really expecting mmm the opposite of where things are.

All I can say is sorry, y’all. What a messed up experience. I don’t know about other owners, but I feel awfully complicit in where you all who are waiting and hanging in the balance today. My advice: don’t be inactive because you “want the camper” … you might not get it anyway. The company is a classic case of gaslighting. Assume your cash is gone. I don’t know how anyone could be defending the troupe of comedians in Benecia.

Just my two cents, but then again, I have my camper.

On that whole life changes thing… anyone know of folks in NYC/the north east with a Drifter? Trying to convince my partner we should bring it out of storage and over to Brooklyn.

chmura

Adventurer
Bummer.. Unfortunately VB is done. People that have campers on order call your bank, cc, etc now and get your money back. 99.9% you wont be getting anything from them. Super bummed as I wanted VB to be successful.

I mentioned this on another platform. Jerry from BAMF should take over VB and make it a successful business! I been told that Jerry made the first dozen campers before Phil found another vendor.

Last edited:

surfjones

Such a bummer. I suspect there will be a lot more people looking for Phil. Luckily I disputed the final payment and was able to recoup some of the money but I suspect the original deposit I'll never see. I also would suggest anyone who has paid to dispute the charge, the sooner the better. 40 months is a long time to hope, wish, and wait for something. Now the price for everything is higher but I put in an order with ato today and my install date is 4 months from today. 🤪. NGRY about losing so much money but glad to finally be moving on after this nightmare and getting a camper.

Last edited by a moderator:

nopeoffroad

I was more curious on the “VB is officially done” statement. Cause it looks like you can still place orders on their website

Phil is a delusional pathological liar. He has proven that time and time again. If some sucker wants to put in a 50% down payment on a new order, I wouldn't put it past Phil to use those to pay legal fees or other stuff he needs at the moment before filing bankruptcy. He has already burnt who knows how many folk's cash... why stop now?

OVRLNDFX4

I was more curious on the “VB is officially done” statement. Cause it looks like you can still place orders on their website
does anyone even dare order from them nowadays? Im sure word of mouth has spread throughout the offroad/overland community. It would be a shock that people would still order. They should have suspended all future orders till the past ones were caught up. im just sayin.

mista_g

Spoke with my buddy today who is a lawyer. He gave me some solid advice and I’ll be stopping by when I’m up there. I’ll report back when visit is completed.
For the Closed Status of these claims, has anyone or will anyone see any $$$ back from the judgement?! SO GNARLY!
Since small claims requires you to collect yourself I think the answer is… who knows. My buddy looked into these and most ended with second party (vagabond) no shows, thus ruled in favor of plaintiff. And since it’s an LLC there is no one accountable for said money besides vagabond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz