Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

czukie

and I assume same boat of no responses on requests for money back?

I never requested my money back for a couple reasons and my situation is a bit more unique than me just trying to sell my built. It seems as though nobody wants to buy an (unfinished) build from a company with absolutely zero communication.….even if it does skip at least 1-2 years worth of wait. Can‘t say I blame them, but I am still a little surprised nobody has shown any interest

miggypac

But oh by the way i just got a notification they updated thier IG account with a build update..

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that recent Roll Out post with the Tern back door is from Jimlangfordphotography's build, which was delivered in June of 2021. I hope I'm wrong..

Scroll down on this page -

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that recent Roll Out post with the Tern back door is from Jimlangfordphotography's build, which was delivered in June of 2021. I hope I'm wrong..

Ahhh, back in the good old days when it "Only" took 23 months and 1 day..

OVRLNDFX4

DOH!

xyounx

Welcome! Based on the spreadsheet, the going rate is about 33-36 months….so you’re basically 2/3 of the way there!! Yay?

I got an popup camper from the different company earlier this year. Yes, I've spent tons of money, the deposit and a whole new camper. But I didn't want to just sit, wait and be frustrated about it and I am pretty happy with the new camper.. and I just need to find a way to get my money back.

OVRLNDFX4

I got an popup camper from the different company earlier this year. Yes, I've spent tons of money, the deposit and a whole new camper. But I didn't want to just sit, wait and be frustrated about it and I am pretty happy with the new camper.. and I just need to find a way to get my money back.

in the same boat

jacyaker

The last couple of weeks I've been sending emails to Vagabond and to Phil trying to arrange a pick up of my incomplete Drifter with the intent of sewing my own tent. Tonight I finally got a reply from operations@vagabondoutdoors.com saying "We're supposed to get a few tents early next week and should have your camper completed then." I'd like to say I'm excited, but last May when Phil's email said "definite June completion" I did get excited and then disappointed.

VO-183
36 months, 19 days and still counting.

czukie

Unfortunately many of us cannot afford to buy another camper when we already have $10-16K into VO...or even $6K for that matter...thus, the zen-like patience. All these years of being a teacher paying off ?

The last couple of weeks I've been sending emails to Vagabond and to Phil trying to arrange a pick up of my incomplete Drifter with the intent of sewing my own tent. Tonight I finally got a reply from operations@vagabondoutdoors.com saying "We're supposed to get a few tents early next week and should have your camper completed then." I'd like to say I'm excited, but last May when Phil's email said "definite June completion" I did get excited and then disappointed.

VO-183
36 months, 19 days and still counting.

"A few" tents??? The material of these things better be woven from the body hair of angels for how slowly they are making the tents alone.

czukie

Another user on here gave me a brief update as they picked up their camper this week. They said that there were at least two scheduled pick ups on Tuesday. Both in the 180’s I believe. VO still doesn’t have everything in (tents, windows, etc). Which is absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. I digress. He also said that Phil has an order of metal coming in next week and will need to make room for that, hopefully by getting campers out the door. Not much good news, but confirmation of what others have said.

Last edited:

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Another user on here gave me a brief update as they picked up their camper this week. They said that there were at least two scheduled pick ups on Tuesday. Both in the 180’s I believe. VO still doesn’t have everything in (tents, windows, etc). Which is absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. I digress. He also said that Phil has an order of metal coming in next week and will need to make room for that, hopefully by getting campers out the door. Not much good news, but confirmation of what others have said.

In other news GFC is seemingly making moves to open a factory in Southern CA. Should be interesting if that happens how it will effect VO. My guess is that they don’t seem to really give a hoot as Topo Toppers opened up in the Bay Area, is excelling, and VO still doesn’t seem to feel any pressure to get parts in quicker.

Topo toppers are in southern CA in Ventura just FYI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94