V8-powered Jeep Wrangler crashes Ford Bronco's party

I'd love to see a v8 jeep but likely wont move to get one. You really dont need all that much power for off road but it is nice on road, for towing, and carrying bigger tires n such. Honestly my 18 jlur with 37s and 4.88s get the job done pretty well and its a blast off and on road.

Real bummed bronco came with IFS, old bronco guys are probably fuming. I look at their IFS and think defender (pretender). lol The only hope for IFS is if ford found some kind of unicorn solution to the IFS issues for people who want a capable wheeler vs a baja machine.

I found most of the bronco's to be pretty ugly but the high dollar (63k) unit looks bad the bone. All this said it's great to have some competition after all these years when Jeep first kicked bronco's ass. lol

Explorerinil

Observer
I'd love to see a v8 jeep but likely wont move to get one. You really dont need all that much power for off road but it is nice on road, for towing, and carrying bigger tires n such. Honestly my 18 jlur with 37s and 4.88s get the job done pretty well and its a blast off and on road.

Real bummed bronco came with IFS, old bronco guys are probably fuming. I look at their IFS and think defender (pretender). lol The only hope for IFS is if ford found some kind of unicorn solution to the IFS issues for people who want a capable wheeler vs a baja machine.

I found most of the bronco's to be pretty ugly but the high dollar (63k) unit looks bad the bone. All this said it's great to have some competition after all these years when Jeep first kicked bronco's ass. lol
My buddy had a cj7 with a 304 amc v8, driving a Jeep with a v8 was allot of fun. I agree with you on the IFS, they should have gone with a SFA.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
It's definitely a base engine only option which is a bummer but anyone that has used the 10 speed auto should not be wanting the manual anyways. I know everyone has love for a manual but a automatic has become superior to a manual in almost every way. Case apparent in almost every supercar that is now going to auto only.
One of reasons people want manuals is they're easier to tow behind their motorhomes.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
You mean, the really old school Broncos or the 1980+ twin traction beam IFS old(ish) 3rd gen and up ones?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Biden's vowed to kill internal combustion engines. Get 'em while you can.
I don't care for the styling either. The futuristic headlights and those fender mounted curb feelers. Looks well engineered though.
I have say though that nothing's uglier than a stock Jeep with stock tires. Lift them and put some decent tires on them and wow!

D

Deleted member 9101

It's definitely a base engine only option which is a bummer but anyone that has used the 10 speed auto should not be wanting the manual anyways. I know everyone has love for a manual but a automatic has become superior to a manual in almost every way. Case apparent in almost every supercar that is now going to auto only.

Exactly! The 10 speed is not only bullet proof, but very good at doing its job. It's also ridiculously easy to reprogram to shift how ever you like.

Mike W.

The perfect Jeep with a 392..Load capacity 24lbs but that doesn't matter since 2 Starbucks will keep the weight manageable. Add a set of pipes so everyone can hear you pulling out of the drive thru or dirt parking lot..

Joking guys I mean Jeep's can't handle the 3.6hp without snapping stuff constantly so throwing a big V8 in will be interesting..be fun playing in the sand..

roving1

Manuals still blow autos away for engine braking. They don't have to but since they won't let you manually lock the torque converter down to engine stall speed they are never going to be as good. I have driven cars with autos with stand alone trans management that let you lock the converter on demand and the engine braking is pretty much on par with a manual if the gearing in similar. I love driving in mountainous terrain and it's hilarious how much people in autos have to constantly crank on the brakes going down trails. Besides the pleasure and personal preference of a manual the engine braking is one real metric that autos are just not better at.

I am a solid axle guy at heart but there is nothing wrong with the Bronco IFS. It's packaged well, high travel, and reasonably beefy (the M210 anyways). Vehicle comes with 35's with the static height set perfectly in the middle of the travel range. There is very little reason to mess with this at all and no reason to ever put more than a small lift for maybe better aftermarket suspension. You are inventing excuses to avoid it at this point.

You mean, the really old school Broncos or the 1980+ twin traction beam IFS old(ish) 3rd gen and up ones?
The only one that really compares to jeep is the old ones. 1966 to 77 I believe are the real bronco's to compare with. The new bronco takes it's cues from that style. Should a took more cues like it's SFA. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online