Uwharrie Safari 2017

morrisdl

Adventurer
I found them: https://solaros1.smugmug.com/Land-Rover-Events/UWHARRIE-SAFARI-2017/ Thanks for uploading some great shots!!

Anyone know what size tires Andy is running on this LR3? He said 34" Maxxis, but I forgot to check the exact size. They look wide on that rim, but the traction was impressive.

US2017-120.jpg

Im supper excited the wife green-lighted that bumper as the next "safety item" we need.

I had a great weekend, but really looking forward to moving the event camping across the street. THe po-po in the Uwharrie campground were out of control with the harassment.

Last edited:

JackW

Explorer
And on the way home we saw an Azalai camper in South Carolina - I've been lusting after an Azalai 130 Defender for around ten years - never seen one in person before.They are even cooler than I thought they were.

www.psi-azalai.com

The couple driving it were touring the USA and Canada after already traveling to Mongolia and the Sahara on trips in 2015 and 2016. They sre from Catalunya, Spain.

Attachments

• US2017-545.jpg
    US2017-545.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 9
  • US2017-529.jpg
    US2017-529.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 13

eloist

Adventurer
Amazing event from the looks of it.
Gives me more motivation to build the LR3 into something awesome.

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
To those who know...what kind of front bumper that guy Andy is running ? I love it !
Initially I though it was pride rhino but it looks different .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior