Utility Body Trailer - Post Build Tour

loren85022

Explorer
Ikk, bingo! But I'd look at mounting the two boxes higher or atop, not beside the tub. I'd want the door to fold down at a level good for food prep. You could still overhang the bumpers. It would all mount to a stout frame surrounding tub. Also designed to host RTT.

ikk

Adventurer
Yes the boxes would open to the sides. The boxes would just be around 2'10 inches which a typical counter top is 3'. The back would fully open and the top would be easily removeable so I could use it as a utility trailer for double duty.

loren85022

Explorer
I realize the drawing is conceptual but I would put a 2-3" radius on those sidesteps fore and aft the fenders. Those are knee busters.

loren85022

Explorer
The guy who manages this great thread designed the original Dinoot model. Check out post 587 posted today (8/8). Thats basically a new small utility bed. Ideal!

1v6pony

Adventurer
Is that the blue one

Is that the blue one? is it a full size one or is it a smaller one like yours?
Thanks Brad in Prescott

loren85022

Explorer
It is not the exact same size, but it is not a full-size either. I would say that it is off of an S 10. Probably 1 foot longer than mine

1v6pony

Adventurer
Thanks you, I spoke with him and after he measured the openings, it was not going to work for my needs.
Darn, I really wanted it to work out, The search continues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles