Utility Bed Build - Project: Big Bend

blueboxfj60

Getting very close to a rolling mock up!!

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 41

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
It is proceeding well. Nice to have all the help too.
Are you planning on fender flares to cover the tire width?

blueboxfj60

Made some good progress over the last few weeks. My wife and daughter painted everything for me and we finally got the utility bed mounted to the rolling frame with the help of friends. Excited to finally be at this point in the build.:wings:
paint trailer 2.JPGpaint trailer.JPGtrailer lift.JPGmounted trailer.JPG

blueboxfj60

That's looking great!

Are you going to add a rack and a RTT?

Yep. Needto finish lights and body work so I can get it inspected and licenced first.

I haven't decided exactly which tent size or brand yet. Will probly buy the tent first then build the rack for it.

Will also be adding spare tire and propane tank mount on the front and a tounge tool box.

blueboxfj60

Been awhile since I updated the build thread.

Fiberglass work is done and all body / frame paint is complete.

We took it on its maiden voyage to Inks Lake and then shortly after down to East Matagorda Peninsula

I've been working on the frame that will support the RTT and this week the lift struts cam in to help raise and lower the whole tent/rack assembly up 24"

bucee trailer.JPGfirst trip.JPGfirst trip 2.JPGtrip 2.JPGtrip 2.1.JPGtrip 2.2.JPGrack build.JPGspring suppot.JPG

Nryke

Been awhile since I updated the build thread.

Fiberglass work is done and all body / frame paint is complete.

We took it on its maiden voyage to Inks Lake and then shortly after down to East Matagorda Peninsula

I've been working on the frame that will support the RTT and this week the lift struts cam in to help raise and lower the whole tent/rack assembly up 24"

View attachment 429224View attachment 429226View attachment 429227View attachment 429228View attachment 429229View attachment 429230View attachment 429231View attachment 429232

It looks great!.
What is the load rating of springs and where did you got them from?

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
What a great idea. The thought to integrate a bed box that was already constructed with storage was pretty crafty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles