Utah in the fall 2015 - 9 days, 475 off-road miles, and 14 hours of digging! (PICS!)

20DYNAMITE07

Just along for the ride
Great stuff! Also, I'm glad you gave that bunny a chance. Hopefully he won't get an infection and will live to hop another day!

Your rig is amazing, BTW - but I actually have a question about your friend's jeep. Is that receiver tray a custom job? I like how high up it is so that it doesn't mess with departure angles too much, but I haven't seen one like it on the market yet. Where did he get it?

DSCN0200.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great pics...and amazing articulation on the van/trailer combo.
I saw a couple of pics on Facebook but this is so much better to get the full story.
Would be fun to see more of your setup in camp and how you arrange stuff.
Glad none of the water crossings or climbs got you in a bad way.
Keep the posting trips and taking us with you.

RIDGE

Adventurer
That rack on the Jeep was custom built. It attached to the spare tire with the support bar going down to hitch. That bar was pinned at the bottom so he could open the tailgate. I'm not sure how well it actually worked though. I think the weight messed up his tailgate. Hopefully he'll post up in here, which reminds me, I didn't send a link to him yet! Hahaha.

RIDGE

Adventurer
Great pics...and amazing articulation on the van/trailer combo.
I saw a couple of pics on Facebook but this is so much better to get the full story.
Would be fun to see more of your setup in camp and how you arrange stuff.
Glad none of the water crossings or climbs got you in a bad way.
Keep the posting trips and taking us with you.

Thanks Lance! You still have your van?

Our camps were extremely simple; a couple lawn chairs, water jug on the tailgate, shower bag hung off the shovel handle (which was zip tied to the rear canopy support), and plenty of firewood and beer! LOL.

With a van and trailer, we had plenty of room and everything had a place to stay, so hardly anything got unloaded until we needed it. I was glad we didn't need to unload the bike!

20DYNAMITE07

Just along for the ride
That rack on the Jeep was custom built. It attached to the spare tire with the support bar going down to hitch. That bar was pinned at the bottom so he could open the tailgate. I'm not sure how well it actually worked though. I think the weight messed up his tailgate. Hopefully he'll post up in here, which reminds me, I didn't send a link to him yet! Hahaha.

Thanks, Bud!

RIDGE

Adventurer
Something I forgot to mention in the first post was how difficult it was to average 10mph! That's over a span of 7 days!!! The trails were full of rain ruts so I dropped the air pressure down to 10psi (from the normal 15psi). Actually, that's a lie! I dropped to 10psi to keep from losing my van to the Dirty Devil River, but more on that later! Lol.

RIDGE

Adventurer
So...we're still on Day 2 and we roll into Left Hand Collet. This was promising to be a great canyon and it did not disappoint.

...and back to this like nothing happened!

Last edited:

RIDGE

Adventurer
I'm still waiting for the 14hours of digging portion of pics! Great Report so far!

That part of the trip is still a couple days away, and it was spread out over 3 different ordeals. Here's a sneak peek though...we had to drive up this!
image.jpg

gearheart

The first leg of your trip has me in suspense, but you haven't nearly died so far in this story. Feening for more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94