Utah 2005 3rd gen engine Knocking anyone need parts?

russya

One of my favorite vehicles has developed what sounds like a bad case of rod knock. I wanted to check here first to see if anyone needs anything off of a 3rd gen. It has tubular headers with new cats that I imported from Australia and the driveline has no issues. Wheels are the stock 17’s and the interior is pretty decent as well. I’d rather help out some fellow Montero/Pajero enthusiast on the wasatch front instead of just sending it to kidney cars or something like that. It’s a great car, I just cant justify the expense of putting a new motor in it, unless someone knows a local place that would do it for a reasonable price. I just hate having to write this post, but it is what it is.

MontySquareo

i would consider replacing the rod bearings if the crankshaft is still good, and make sure the sound is from the bearings. i had a timing belt tensioner die and make a knocking noise. if it's rod bearings there'll be glitter in the oil. a little bit of rod knock can be fixed, sometimes without removing the engine. I don't know if the headers will fit a 3.5 but I'm interested in them. i live in Arizona, but travel through Utah sometimes. thanks for posting here, i hope you find someone who needs your parts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior