USMC M1030B1 Restoration

Johnnny13

Observer
This is something I’ve used on all of my restorations. On the right side of the bike, behind the plastic, is the muffler. Originally the side plastic had a heat resistant pad. These degrade after awhile so I’ve found a replacement. I’ve attached some pictures. I’ve never had any issues with it. Also throwing up a picture of both of my M1030B1’s together.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Johnnny13

Observer
In August I tore the wiring harness completely apart. Since Hayes Diversified Technologies spliced into the harness for the Blackout Switch and the front / rear IR lights, the wiring diagram isn’t the greatest. I found a few of the wires cut and not spliced correctly. Long story short the running light and brake light now works! Bike is completely done and I think the LED front headlight is a big improvement. I am keeping this bike so that now I have a green and tan one. It took forever to get this post updated as I had surgery and recovery has been a **********! Only one more bike to restore and sell. I’ll start on that one in a few months.
8.jpg
1.jpg
7.jpg
10.jpg
6.jpg

Johnnny13

Observer
After purchasing the second set of bikes (6) in 2016, I started heavily researching the M1030B1’s. I found that the Rangers had a few (M1030 and M1030B1) and added some modifications. They had a handlebar rifle rack and a headlight modification. They removed the front headlight and added two headlights. One white light and another with an IR cover. My buddy decided to tackle reproducing the mod and did an amazing job on his bike.
15.jpg
16.jpg
3.jpg

6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles