Using GAP Iddtool to level up for camping

Hey everyone,

I've heard there's a way to use the Gap tool to level the wheels at each four corners to get a level sleeping platform. It was mentioned in the Gap tool feature request thread. After browsing through the app I don't see a totally obvious way to do this. has anyone done it? My only guess is that you could use the suspension calibration mode height calibration. But then is there an easy way to get it back to your regular settings for driving?

Also what settings are people using for lift and low for the air suspension?

Derel1cte

Adventurer
In the Service/Test>Suspension>Test Values menu you can manually raise lower the whole truck, single axles, or single wheels. I don't know how long those values would stick. You may need to disable EAS as well so it doesn't reset if you need to start the truck for something.

Some people might hate me for saying this, but I do not mess with suspension settings once I enter the trail. Faster and more efficient to run a few leveling blocks or MaxTrax to level; and since it's level, the suspension will stay the way it is until you move. My experience with auto-leveling on the trail has been hit or miss; I've woken up and the truck is tilted to once side or another and I have to start the truck to level again. It just does not seem really reliable for camp options.......IMO!

DVD

Adventurer
Concur with the "more hassle than it's worth" replies. At the least, I'd suggest playing around with it at home before you're on an adventure and have better things to do than play with settings on your IID app on the phone.
I tried this once and seemed like it took 1/2 hr to get the vehicle level using discrete IID corner adjustment (on a too-steep grade for auto-level).
I'm back to stacking rocks.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Somewhere near where you are camping is a reasonably level place to camp, stop or sleep, shouldn't be that difficult to find. I have RV bubble levels in my LR that show me, reasonably well, if I am level for sleeping. I don't use the GAP tool to alter my corners, way too much hassle.
But if you must do the corner level thing, try it at home first, not on the trail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles