Using Ctek d250 with "Other Dc Sources"

Micklethepickle

I have a Ctek d250 right now that is using my solar and alt to charge my battery bank for a trailer. In the manual it states alternators and other dc sources. I would like to have shore power charging and powering devices. My Trailer is all 12v. Would it be possible to supply shore power the Ctek via a converter charger like the power-max 35 or just a straight dc power supply? Is my line of thought correct or out of line. My Amp usage is around 10amps so i would still be Net positive in charging the battery. This would simplify and make my setup a bit cheaper than blowing money on a full on multi step on board charger and use the capabilities of the cteks multi step charging.

Micklethepickle

Sounds good to me.
Be aware. Unless some kind of isolation is used, supplying power to Ctek from an alternate source will backfeed power into the car as well.
Depending how the car is configured to supply the Ctek, this backfeed may cause undesired action.

Thanks Verkstad!

I was Thinking of a isolation relay or just a standard 3 position switch that would force me to interrupt that connection by making a choice so it would never accidentally be connected all together. Alt/Off/Shore etc.

john61ct

Adventurer
Other DC sources if properly regulated should just go to the target bank, paralleled with the CTEK output.

No coordination is needed, as ling as each source's output is within bank specs.

Only DC power in need of "regeneration / conversion needs to be put through the CTEK input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles